Picture update

txtom

With all that has gone on in 2017, I have not had much time to devote to our racing history. But I spent some time this past week to organize some pictures and and scan them to my FOTKI Site.

It is a kinda hodgepodge mixture of just under 12,000 pics that includes Pan American and other area tracks, USRA, ROMCO, TSRS, and several other classes.  Some of the album are very large , some only have a few enrties. 

I might add that I have another large group of pictures coming that centers around Kyle, and I am working on, and will have most of it posted in the next few weeks,. When I say large, it is 20,000+ pics.

A collection from Pan American is in the works; that one is taking a lot of time due to the work involved in restoring the prints and separating multiple scans into individual files.  There are 5900+ scans in that collection to go through.

Most are not my pictures, but I did not get photographer information with them. If I can find out, I will credit the photographers. I do know that almost all the Pan American stuff was taken by the late Ted Hood.

Click this link to see what is new: http://public.fotki.com/txtom/

• 5 months later...

It's about time I add to this topic, thanks for posting the photos txtom they are incredible. This is the first time I have ever seen pictures of the ARCA stockcars from their annual visits to Texas. From 1965 to 1968 we went to all of the ARCA races at Meyer Speedway. My favorite class has always been the super modifieds, I remember several of the cars pictured from the Liberty 300's and special super events at Meyer. The T bucket body cars where some of my favorites and the overall variety of builders/racers ideas made this class what it was to me, the ultimate in racing. I won't leave out the stockers, there are a couple of cars in there that also ran Meyer Speedway. I know this is a time consuming effort but it is much  appreciated by those of us who lived this era. There was so much racing around Houston that we never ventured out to San Antonio or Austin. So whether you do this by years or classes I will look forward to more.

Thanks; Byron

• 2 years later...