Sprint Cars

Josh42

Just have a question.  With the only track with 2 hours of Austin that was running sprint cars at least once a month now closed.  I am just asking if the tracks in the area I-37, Edna, CBS(I know Mary Ann is just getting her hands on it), 281, South Texas, Waco have any possibilities of running the Racesaver Sprints for at least booked in shows or maybe a once a month deal.  I know there is a bunch of racers in the houston area that have cars and now dont really have a track to run at.  We are asking Randy Waller what his plans with Southern United Sprints is and if they are going to need a new home track and who that might be.  I know this was tried at CBS when it opened and it was never really successful as a weekly show but i have my reasons as to why it didnt work after talking with some of the racers from the Gator area.  We are just trying to get an idea as our team, we have had some new additions in the way of kiddos and it would be nicer to be able to race close to home instead of having to drive 4 hours 1 way just to race or do we just put the whole operation up for sale and go a different route.

Just found out from a message from Randy Waller that he is now with ASCS as the new Gulf Coast Promoter.  So it also sounds like the Southern United Sprints is done as well.  So there will be a few race teams in South East Texas area that will either have to buy 360's start going to north Texas to race or maybe the southern tracks will give them an avenue.

Josh,  I will talk to our track promoter to see whats up at I-37.  How many cars are there and how many willing to drive? I know my dream when starting this venture to bring back I-37 was to bring in the wing cars.  I wont make any promises but I do know that car count will be the first question asked.  Whats your contact info?

for every weekend yes we have alot.   but for 1 or 2 shows over the course of a season is possible considering wing cars havent been at our track for as long as i have been racing there.  Its a thought that should be entertained.

Drew I will PM you my info.  We are currently working on getting the info of drivers that would be willing to make the haul and race.  I've talked with Mary Ann and that was some of the same questions so we are working on that getting that info.

Josh, doesn't GTRP and 105(Bronco) run a 305 Sprint class for those Houston(east Texas) guys?

I know I've spoke to I-37 about getting an ASCS show in the past....The cost was a concern vs. the amount of seating that they have.....To pay for an ASCS show you almost have to twice as many spectators as I-37 has seating for.....How many of those guys have big haulers?  There's pit parking concerns to get those bigger rigs in/out.....Now I know they're trying to clear out more parking space farther in the back to host the TOMS series, but only some of those guys have large rigs.....The Lone Star 600 guys pulled it off using the area across the entrance road as their pits, but there were no big rigs that I recall.....That may be the best option until they have the back cleared out.

Archived