Statement from Steve Whiteaker regarding South Texas Speedway

NickHolt

As the calendar turns to December I thought I would take a minute to let everyone know what has been happening. As many of you know I have reached and agreement to run the South Texas Speedway. Over the last couple of years I started my business 1st Class Towing here in Corpus Christi and the business has been growing rapidly. My wife Carolyn and I gave birth to our third baby boy this fall and he has kept us on our toes. As my family has grown and my boys Jace and Steven are growing up I’ve done a lot of baseball and football coaching and shuttling between all their activities. There’s so many amazing things that go along with being a dad and raising a family and I’m so blessed to be surrounded by family and friends in my home town of Corpus Christi. All these things have led me to a place where my days of racing on the road have slowed way down . Earlier this year I decided to go ahead and lease my home track the South Texas Speedway and operate it for 2018 and beyond. It was tough to know that I won’t be racing at my home track any longer it’s the place where I really learned how to race and was able to grow up in the sport so close my family, friends and all the great supporters I’ve had over the years. 

With that said I’m very excited to be able to really make South Texas Speedway great so that future generations can share the experiences that I was able to have growing up in the shadows of the speedway. There’s no magic wand I can wave to change things overnight. It’s a long process that requires commitment and hard work and the support of great people. I am fully up to this challenge and have been working to assemble my team of great folks that will be the engine that makes the operation go. I’m extremely motivated and strive for constant improvement in all of my ventures in racing and beyond and my operation of the Speedway will reflect that. I can remember back when STS opened in the mid 90’s being there every race and the fun and experiences of the different events the track played host to and that is what I want to see it become again. I take a lot of pride in my home town and know that we have a great core of racers and fans here in Corpus Christi. I want the future generations to have the same type of racing experiences in Corpus Christi and that was a motivating factor in my decision to operate the Speedway. I’ve seen and know how awesome South Texas Speedway could be and am committed to making it a place that provides fun family entertainment. Thanks for taking the time to read this and feel free to reach out to me to with any ideas or thoughts you might have. On behalf of my wife Carolyn and my sons I’d like to thank everybody and wish everyone the happiest of holidays and best wishes.

Steven Whiteaker Jr.

On 12/1/2017 at 11:25 PM, NickHolt said:

As the calendar turns to December I thought I would take a minute to let everyone know what has been happening. As many of you know I have reached and agreement to run the South Texas Speedway. Over the last couple of years I started my business 1st Class Towing here in Corpus Christi and the business has been growing rapidly. My wife Carolyn and I gave birth to our third baby boy this fall and he has kept us on our toes. As my family has grown and my boys Jace and Steven are growing up I’ve done a lot of baseball and football coaching and shuttling between all their activities. There’s so many amazing things that go along with being a dad and raising a family and I’m so blessed to be surrounded by family and friends in my home town of Corpus Christi. All these things have led me to a place where my days of racing on the road have slowed way down . Earlier this year I decided to go ahead and lease my home track the South Texas Speedway and operate it for 2018 and beyond. It was tough to know that I won’t be racing at my home track any longer it’s the place where I really learned how to race and was able to grow up in the sport so close my family, friends and all the great supporters I’ve had over the years. 

With that said I’m very excited to be able to really make South Texas Speedway great so that future generations can share the experiences that I was able to have growing up in the shadows of the speedway. There’s no magic wand I can wave to change things overnight. It’s a long process that requires commitment and hard work and the support of great people. I am fully up to this challenge and have been working to assemble my team of great folks that will be the engine that makes the operation go. I’m extremely motivated and strive for constant improvement in all of my ventures in racing and beyond and my operation of the Speedway will reflect that. I can remember back when STS opened in the mid 90’s being there every race and the fun and experiences of the different events the track played host to and that is what I want to see it become again. I take a lot of pride in my home town and know that we have a great core of racers and fans here in Corpus Christi. I want the future generations to have the same type of racing experiences in Corpus Christi and that was a motivating factor in my decision to operate the Speedway. I’ve seen and know how awesome South Texas Speedway could be and am committed to making it a place that provides fun family entertainment. Thanks for taking the time to read this and feel free to reach out to me to with any ideas or thoughts you might have. On behalf of my wife Carolyn and my sons I’d like to thank everybody and wish everyone the happiest of holidays and best wishes.

Steven Whiteaker Jr.

Good luck jr. You'll do great

• 4 weeks later...

Wishing you great success. Also hoping STS can again find space to bring back mini stock racing, a series that has been an important part for so many over the years but has been orphaned for the recent times in Corpus.

Happy New Year.

Archived