Nascar

toyotatim

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2017/11/nascar-tv-ratings-cable-texas-nbcsn/   ......... or this http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/tag/nascar-ratings/ ...... not on television.  To be fair there has been a lot of cable cutting going on and the network races did pretty well. Of course that was mainly due to Daytona and Talladega still being somewhat more exciting. All the stage racing did was get viewers to wait to stage three to watch.But it was a step in the right direction.Keep stage racing and dump the Chase might be better way to go. Shorten most of the races would cut down on boring stretches. Sponsors are going to put their money wherever viewership is strong and arenas are filled. As NASCAR sponsor contracts run out renewals will be harder to come by.But above all for NASCAR to get better Brian France has to go much like  Goodell has to go in the NFL.

Get rid of the chase . but keep chase I like the squeeze  play he pulled  he  gave the other driver  a chance to back out ..he never touched the 11 during that move ,.you have three  choices either  back out  turn left or hit the wall .and two of those weren't taken. as for nascar they have already hurt themselves for years now I don't know what they can do to grow again other then get back to some shorter tracks and let the teams  be innovative again  and go back you win you finish good you can win the championship .I am really not a fan of the chase format even on a local level...

it was ok something different  .. am not knocking the trial  there was something missing and am not saying the points outcome would have been different .maybe cuz I just like what has been run on the local level from the beginning  it keeps us from looking like nascar ..want to make interesting maybe run a midseason championship and start over points the next race ...I know its been done ....but then again I like running full season points system ..plus imo starting the top 6 up front with draw and invert isn't as much fun as if they all started in the back up and up points wise with maybe an invert thrown in on a race or two  I know my driver would have had no problem with all starting back there .. ..that would have made a better race for all and a lot more interesting

12 hours ago, Josh42 said:

I know its not NASCAR but look what Steve Torrence said about NHRA's Countdown to the Championship (basically their chase) and this was on live TV.  NHRA didn't fine him one bit.

http://www.dragzine.com/news/dejected-steve-torrence-calls-bulls-t-on-nhras-countdown-format/

At least he didn't drop any F-bombs like Alexis did.....lol.....Torrence rarely minces his words..........Probably why I like the guy(that and hating any "chase" system, though I was happy for JFR winning two championships.....His team needed it.

Archived