Sutherland Springs - Kris Workman

NickHolt

We are all shocked by the shootings today in Sutherland Springs. As our culture grows more and more Godless, we can only expect the Godless to do more and more of their evil works among us.

We pray for the families and friends of those killed and wounded as we pray for our country. We now know that Kris Workman, who races at I-37 Speedway was among the seriously wounded. See more about Kris in the posts that follow... 

"if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

I'd say it's past time for us to get on our collective knees to humble ourselves and invite the Lord back into our country to heal our land... 

Nick

Amen, Nick.  By shutting out God and throwing out our nation's history, we're letting evil erode our country's infrastructure.  Also, if we can't feel safe in our churches, we're really in deep trouble.  Sending prayers for all of those affected by today's terrible incident.

I was hoping yesterday was only a dream but it wasnt. Kris Workman not only a good friend but an I37 regular racer in the pure stock class along with being an official for South Texas Promotions was one of the many caught in harms way. Both Sheryl and myself have grown to love this guy through helping us at STP. Kris was struck twice, his sister in law was also each struck with a bullet. His sister in law is ok from my understanding. However Kris has it much worst. Yesterday he went through some surgeries to resection his small intestines and stop the bleeding. He has been placed into an induced coma and will have to have spinal surgery this week for bullet #2. So much stuff is still hard to come by or very vague. Kris is heavily involved with his church and you couldnt meet a nicer guy. Please keep him in your prayers as this week will set the path for the rest of his life as everyone else that was involved. 

On Sunday, November 5th, Kris Workman was a victim of the mass shooting at First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs, Texas.  

Kris is in stable condition, but will undergo more surgeries in the near future.  We want to raise money to help support Kris, Colbey (wife), and Eevee (daughter).  Kris is a devout member of his church and a Team Leader at Rackspace in San Antonio, Texas. What this young family and their community has gone through is horrible and unimaginable, please help if you can.

GO FUND ME LINK >>> https://www.gofundme.com/kris-workman

1.jpg.1683860be27b7fc778192238efaca781.jpg

10 hours ago, Desert COP said:

The goal set has been almost doubled Nick. Keep on sending because Kris and his family are going to need it. Thanks to everyone who has helped so far!

More than doubled now, Desert COP. 

Good to see so many racers' names on that list of donors!

WHAT hospital was he sent to ....they have top notch hospitals around sa ..university saved my brother .ten broken ribs one which punctured a lung and many other injuries that should have killed him...they worked hard and did not give him much of a chance with so many broken ribs around 20 percent chance

• 2 weeks later...

Kris posted the following update on FB yesterday:

Time for another update! I was hesitant to post this because of some slight bowel complications that I was having, but according to my doctors, we look to be in the clear. 
Rehab is going well! So well in fact that my doctors and rehab team at Reeves Rehabilition Center have slated my release date as December 8th. I'll be home for Christmas! 1f642.png🙂 I don't usually get too excited about Christmas but because I missed Thanksgiving, I'm looking forward to a proper holiday with my family. I want to thank everyone for their prayers, they most certainly have helped me in this journey. I covet your continued prayers as we go home and explore the world in entirely new ways and with many unknown challenges. 
I also want to publicly praise my wife, my rock, my best friend and partner Colbey Workman, without whom, none of this would have been possible. God has given me such an amazing woman. I continue to be in awe of the design and orchestration that God has set in my life. 
I don't want anyone to be angry or mourn the loss of my legs. First, they are a small price to pay for the outpouring of love and Revival that He has set fourth from the SSFBC tragedy. Second, God is the Great Physician and if it is his will, I can be healed. Regardless, I am ready and willing to continue to be used in His service. What Satan intended for evil, God used as a catalyst for his Glory. Satan lost that battle badly...

Continuing to send prayers his way

Gotta love Kris' attitude and insightful understanding of what's really going on in this world. 

One day every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is LORD!  In the meantime, humble believers like Kris are making the proud to re-examine what they believe is important in life. May God use your ministry in powerful ways, Kris.

kris  will walk tall the rest of his life . glad to see he is in good hands and hopes he lives a life to its fullest without many medical problems . he has many knew friends and a very large racing family .he will never meet all of em but let him  know they are behind him and his family  ..

Good news from Kris Workman: 

Well today is the day! We were 1 day off of our original date due to a slight issue. The issue could have been a big nasty issue but it turned out to be an easy fix. Thanks to those who prayed for intercession for that issue!

We will be leaving Reeves Rehabilition Center in a few minutes and heading home for a few minutes to see our dogs and cattle and the progress on the renovations to our home. After that, we'll be headed to grandma's house to stay for a while until our home is ready. 

Please continue to pray for us as this is just the beginning of our journey. We will certainly encounter new challenges and frustrations, emotional difficulties and stress. 

If you would like to visit, please let me know so I can arrange a good date and time!

Sutherland Strong.. its time to start this new adventure!

Archived