Aaron Reutzel to the Rockies this weekend for pair of National Tour events

Reutzel to the Rockies

by Lonnie Wheatley

CLUTE, Texas (October 5, 2017) – With one more weekend before heading to Little Rock for I-30 Speedway’s $15,000-to-win Short Track Nationals, Aaron Reutzel and the Dissolvalloy Downhole Revolution/BC Fundz No. 87 Triple-X Sprint Car team make the trek to the Rockies for a pair of Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour events this weekend.

Reutzel and the Wren Motorsports/Momentum Racing Suspensions team will take to Calhan, Colorado’s El Paso County Raceway on Friday and Saturday before hightailing it back to Arkansas.

Reutzel and the Nattress Construction/Wings Unlimited team come off a rocky outing at I-80 Speedway’s Midwest Fall Brawl in Greenwood, NE, last Saturday night.

“It was more of the same for us at I-80, luck has never gone our way there,” Reutzel says.

After working into the top ten on a rubbered up surface, a popped tire in the closing laps cut the night short.

After climbing from ninth to sixth in heat race action that Reutzel describes as, “It was one-lane racing,” Reutzel started second and finished second in his qualifier to start 14th in the feature event aboard the Wright Way Logistics/Walker Performance machine.

Mired seven rows deep, rubber came into play in short order.

“It rubbered up on the second lap,” Reutzel recalls.  “We worked up to tenth, then blew a right rear with two to go.”

The crew hustled to make the quick tire change and seemingly had Reutzel ready to rejoin action.  But with no push truck to be found, Reutzel was left as spectator for the final rounds.

“We got the tire changed before the one-to-go and the yellow light was still on, but there wasn’t a push truck to be found,” Reutzel explains.  “My guys tried to push me out there, but they wouldn’t let us even though we were ready in time.”

Reutzel looks for fortunes to turn at this weekend’s Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour double at Colorado’s El Paso County Raceway.

2017 Quick Stats:  70 races, 6 wins, 24 top-fives, 37 top-tens.

Up Next: Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour at Calhan, Colorado’s El Paso County Raceway on Friday and Saturday.

Keep Track:  Keep track of Aaron Reutzel’s on-track action including schedule and results at http://www.aaronreutzelracing.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aaron-Reutzel-Racing/117666254913127 or on Twitter at @AaronReutzel.  You can also e-mail Aaron at aaronreutzel@yahoo.com.

If you would like Aaron Reutzel Racing press releases e-mailed directly to you, send your e-mail address to Lonnie Wheatley at lonniewheatley@gmail.com.

Archived