Prayer request for James Huff

NickHolt

Got a call a bit ago from James' family that he has been taken by ambulance to the ER.  He had a dental appointment this morning for a root canal, came home and couldn't keep food down... passed out on the floor and Janette was on the phone with 911... That's all we know right now.

Please pray for James and Janette.

Got a call from Janette Huff... they are keeping James at the hospital in the ER. He is not doing well at all.  It sounds like there's some serious intestinal issues.  I won't go into detail, but he needs our prayers.  Janette is holding up well, but, of course, is very worried.

Nick

We heard from Janette yesterday that the battery of tests run rule out heart issues and other possibilities. That leaves a serious case of food poisoning and/or a super virus as the likely culprits. James will be in the hospital for a while.  

He's making his usual jokes and thinking more of others than himself, so I hope he's on the road to recovery.  He thanks everyone for their prayers.

Nick

Janette reports that James had a rough night last night and they've hooked him back up on the equipment.  Lungs may be filling with fluid too.  Let's keep James and his medical team and Janette in our prayers.

Got this good news from Janette Huff's FB page:

Don't ever doubt that the power of prayer doesn't work. 

James called this morning said he got a shot last night to pull the fluid off [his lungs that were filling with fluid and becoming a serious concern].

Said he was up every hour last night going to the restroom, but that's ok it is working. He said he had a good breakfast this morning and was feeling much better. Did an EKG this morning and all is good.

If he keeps improving today they may let him come home tomorrow. 😀 I told him I hope they furnish a cook and a nurse. 😉 He is going to make a terrible secretary, but he will be home. 😊

Great News on this Nick.....James is such a nice guy but he is tough too. I will continue to pray for him and expect his FULL and COMPLETE recovery. I still have the picture of that infamous 7 car so here it is to cheer him up!

James7Car.JPG

The good news is that James is now back home and resting.  Janette says he's now her secretary since she isn't allowing him out of the A/C.  He's still pretty weak - probably would have to use two leaps to clear a tall building and might only be able to stop a speeding locomotive with two hands instead of one - but at least he's on the road to recovery!

James would like to express his gratitude for all the prayers and wishes for his recovery. 

Got a call from James Huff this evening. He sounded good and even upbeat. Pretty hard to keep a good, strong man down even if he is 80 years old.

A week ago he was so ill he couldn't stand, was bleeding from both ends and wired up to just about every machine in the hospital. And today he went out into the scrap yard and worked the magnet crane for an hour or so... and picked up some scrap from someone in the small truck and tomorrow will pick up some underground fuel tanks and haul them somewhere.

They don't make 'em like that any more.

The one thing he told me more than once was how much he appreciated so many folks praying for him.  He knows that's why the Lord brought him through this and he's right.

Archived