How was the HMP show last night (9/23)?

NickHolt

It was a spectacular night Nick. From this fans point of view anyway. I thought the crowd was decent, could always be better but there were some folks in the stands. The racing was good, and the show seemed to move at a good pace. Now the guys that were running in the top 3 in the modified race might not think so, but I had a great night there. And you could tell there had been a fair amount of work done at the track, because the consessions were open with a full menu and plenty of cold beer to boot. And the last lap pass in the pro late model race was text book perfect. 

From a driver's perspective I thought the show went at a good clip. I didn't get a chance to see the stands but when we left @ 930 the parking lot appeared to be over flowing with parked cars! There were a few delays but the TARS team pushed through them. Hats off to Raymond and his team!

And NO, I did NOT run into the 83 intentionally during practice.

Hoping that my son and I can race together again next year...

I will say this race went off 200% better then the first. Even tho we had our own issues the event went pretty good. Hats off to Raymond and his staff for putting it together especially right after the track became a fish bowl. 

Radracr Im pretty sure no one blames you for what happened in practice. Randy said he lost a brake rotor, nothing you could of done differently. If anyone says differently dont listen to em, plenty of keyboard racers around who know everything. Keep digging

There was a lot of headaches and behind the scenes scoring issues that were a problem leading up to the races i got a glimpse of. Luckily everything got worked out and races went pretty smooth as a whole. As any racetrack would say the car counts could have been better across the board they but could have been worse.  Congrats to Raymond and the other staff for pulling it off and thank you all for your effort.  I enjoyed being able to assist.

From the stands it looked to run pretty smooth. We can only hope there will be more dates next year. Ands the grounds looked very well kept, you would have never known it was recently under several feet of water. The place looked good. 

Archived