The Showdown at Cotton Bowl has been cancelled

Nathan

From Scott Stubb' s Facebook

I have a lot on my mind. Just got home from several trips to Houston taking equipment to help with clean up after putting countless hours in during the hurricane getting trees off powerlines so people would have power or get it back. I am getting a lot of questions about the showdown. Everyone is wanting an immediate answer and with no real time to discuss things It has been removed from the schedule. I have been told there will be no more races until further notice. I appreciate everything and everyone that tried to make it a success. I, like everyone was hoping for more time.

The people in charge plan to meet in the coming weeks to discuss the future of the track.  I hope that people on some social media sights don't start to bash the track.  Attitudes like that may make the owners not what to continue.  Any information I receive will be posted here.  Please everyone lets offer help and praise for the track and it's officals. 

Any answers to what happened would be a guess at the best.  The only people that know are track officials.   There is supposed to be a meet in a few weeks to determine what will come next season.  hopefully the new owner will complete the purchase and then they will be ready to race next year. 

Archived