restarting the series next year (2018)?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/22/2017 at 6:51 PM, outlaw said:

Maybe form a group like the Dwarf car series of Texas is. Make your own set of rules. Isn't that what the late models did.

The Southern Texas Late Model Series operates on a rules package very close to that of the national touring series.

The differences are: hard tires, a provision for legal crate cars, and we ask for dry-slick tracks.  It took about 3-4 years to get those pieces worked out on making an even rule book, but once we got it there, it has continued to grow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just to help with information.  I asked about restarting this series a while back.  after Stephan shared what he was interested in doing, I put together a sponsor proposal and began sending many out.  A major health crisis happened in my family that had me leaving for my wife's country to help with my father-in-law who had a major stroke.  My wife and I took on the task of keeping their small business and church going until my father-in-law got back on his feet.  This meant that I was not able to finish what I started.  I am sorry that I got many hopes up not to be able to get this series going again.  But on the good side, James Brown is starting the Lonestar Street Stock Series.  James is a very talented and experienced promoter and pr person who was the man responsible for taking the Texas Outlaw Stock Car series to the level it is now.  I am really excited to see this new series in 2018.  In fact, I hope to have a few cars competing in 2019.  Thank everyone for the time. 

Archived