Forum software update info

NickHolt

We had to update since the old software was no longer being supported by Invision. 

1) When logging in, use your "display name" (also known as your "screen name") and your existing password. "Log in names" are a thing of the past. And don't try to create a new account if you are an existing member.

2)  If the pics you see in posts are small, click on the image to get the full size pic. We are working on getting all the old pics to their correct size.  We have so many gigs of pics over the past 17 years that it's taking forever to get them to automatically resize up from those small pics.  When you upload a pic now, it will be a normal looking pic. 

3) The ads will be back, but nor right away. I have not billed anyone for their ad in over a year, so there should be no complaints (I hope!)

Let me know if you encounter issues with the new software.

Nick

Still have some behind the scenes work to do, but I really like the mobile version much better than the old one. 

I was glad when they decided to use the screen name and password to log on instead of trying to remember two different names.

And there are some features that are available to us now that we will be looking at once we get most of the obvious kinks worked out.

Nick

Reb's right about the copy and paste abilities of this new built-in text editor.  The old one was clunky at best and often made posting press releases very messy and time consuming if you wanted them to actually look decent.

One of the issues is that the software conversion minimized all the thousands of pics and other attachments.  In order to see the full-size versions you have to click on the minimized pics.  A pain, but we're working on solving that problem. I tried resizing all at once, but so far the process has been running for at least 24 hours with no end in sight.  Be patient, Nick, be patient... 

I noticed you can attach pictures from the mobile side. That should be a big help. I don't do FB or any other SM so I'm still trying to figure out some of the new features. Of course I've been busy the last few days but will have plenty of time this weekend to figure it out thanks to Harvey. 

Archived