Adam Perks and Shawn Kline

arob

The video of this feature race between these two needs to be distributed and shown at every racers banquet/meeting to show how to race hard and clean side by side lap after lap lead change after lead change.Easily the best race of the night and to be done in front of stands packed full of appreciative fans made it even more special. Standing O to you both for a job more than well done.

i sat and watched that race with my father and brother in law the weight of excitement from the fans watching that race around us almost in a word crushed us ..that was one hell of a race that was true showmen between the two drivers i don't think they touched .... my hands hurt from clapping ....

I'm sure it is done at most tracks most Fri/Sat nights it doesn't get the attention it should. Bad behavior is widely reported through social media and the good stuff like this doesn't except for rebracewriter to name one.Great racing was a hallmark of STXSSS. When a great race such as this happens in front of me I want to get it out.

Job well done by all of the local classes, stepping it up with ASCS in town and SRO in the stands. Kline and Perks definitely set the stage on a great night of racing. ASCS was probably the most uncontested race of the evening but that just goes to show you how good it was and how good the drivers and races are at STS. Congrats to Kline, Laven, Sandoval and Butcher on their wins and of course Kulhanek. Great to see Sprints back on STS surface again, they still haul the mail.

the track didn't have all of those ruts maybe that help the show too.just a thought.

is that all you do is complain? I guess trying to get extra moisture in the track for the Sprints caused some of that, its the same surface for everyone to race on, it's dirt and water and sun and wind but it's not always going to be same, but at least its the same for everyone! I think it's been the best surface consistently out of three tracks in south texas to race on! smgdh

Thank you it was definitely a fun race I was wore out after the race. I'm glad we could put on a show like that in front of a packed house!!! I always try to race people clean and hope they do the same to me. I haven't ever intentionally hit or takin anyone out for any reason. The track surface was great yes there were bumps but that's what makes the driver. You gotta get around all that and make the car stick. We touched but very little!! If I have hit you or takin you out from a racing incident my apologies. With that said let's see what TRP has to offer this weekend.

i agree with Chuck track surface is far from an issue, sometimes that kind of track makes for better racing. The only issue I see is in the hands of the drivers. If we can get more racing like this past weekend like 11 and 12 put on then maybe we will attract cars from other tracks and get our car counts back to where they once were.

We race the track . If its wet we race it If it is dry we race it . If it is dry slick we race it .If it is rutted we race it .Either one of those nights or more our car and driver either has an advantage or it sucks It puts the driver behind the wheel and whom ever can handle the surface and its changes from race to race or night to night will show up in the front of the pack somewhere it will bring out your best or worst ... love it .... wont say what surface we like the most .that is a secret lol..but we still RACE IT ..sure glad I don't have the job of getting surface ready ..

btw the two racers mentioned above figured out the track ...

Watched the race on R.O.T. wish I could've been there in person what a race. great job to all the classes they all put on a great show.

Archived