#14 Purestock

lg27

I woke up today amazed at the lack of sportsmanship and respect my fellow racer (#9) displayed last night, then denied any wrong doing, I got 2 words MAN UP. I hope the individuals involved realize their actions have consequences (you and your boy getting DQd). Driving the way you did can put peoples lives in danger and not to mention destroying man hours of time put into these cars, We are already short on car count and deliberately taking another car out, WILL destroy this class. Hard racing is what fills the stands no doubt, but driving from the infield with the intention of taking out another car is called "low life chicken shit racing", they have a sport for that its called Demolition Derby which appears to suit you better.

By your teams actions as we were leaving last night, I realize you probably won't understand my point; so i leave you with this, let's race man to man on the track, let TRP officials do their job. It's funny, if you would not have pulled the circus act you did, you probably could have won the race. Too bad you let your temper/emotions tear up two cars and neither finished. Proof is in the video.

As a finishing note, I don't solve things by fighting and shooting the middle finger with my 2 young kids next to me, I got more class than that, something you know nothing about. All I care to do is race hard and put a show on for the spectators.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/qioxRGjUak0

TRP Provided a very fast track for us to PLAY on. Not an easy task with the extremly dry weather. I, as well had to take a deep breath and remember that those are the competitors fans and family in the stands watching. For ALL driving and racing these homebuilt battle machines... Always remember that even though we are in our own sandbox, you can be held liable for your actions. Intentionally driving with bad intent can seriously hurt and or kill someone. My car is seriously damaged like others and that comes with racing hard. It is part of the sport. But when done with intentions of harming the other driver you cross a thin line. IT IS ONLY ONE RACE! And I think we all want to race again. Perhaps yall can shake hands and try to avoid using your racecar as a weapon at the next race. Thanks again to the personel operating TRP.

So...here we go...100% the reason I sold my sh@@...so you bang and beat bang and beat and you are not at fault at all? I've been saying it all year. And now eyes are finally open...well it's a little too late. Don't go bad mouthing when your just as guilty...there was never an intention to hurt a driver so don't go saying that b's. It's racing right!!! It was under green just like when my shit got torn to pieces and 6 other cars. Banging and catching someone in the rr is not intentional? Humm...just like society you only worry about you when your involved but when it's going on and you say nothing your just as guilty. So who is to blame!!! Maybe the insurance people bc we c ant get insurance on racecars!!!

TRP Provided a very fast track for us to PLAY on. Not an easy task with the extremly dry weather. I, as well had to take a deep breath and remember that those are the competitors fans and family in the stands watching. For ALL driving and racing these homebuilt battle machines... Always remember that even though we are in our own sandbox, you can be held liable for your actions. Intentionally driving with bad intent can seriously hurt and or kill someone. My car is seriously damaged like others and that comes with racing hard. It is part of the sport. But when done with intentions of harming the other driver you cross a thin line. IT IS ONLY ONE RACE! And I think we all want to race again. Perhaps yall can shake hands and try to avoid using your racecar as a weapon at the next race. Thanks again to the personel operating TRP.

Do you have GoPro video to post??

August at the short tracks! Seems like every year at this time stuff like this happens at a lot of places. Usually you have two things that happen. The initial incident and the retaliation. To me there is no room for on track retaliation. I know it is hard but 9 out of 10 the retaliation ends up being much worse than the original and can be dangerous to boot.Other than a LITTLE boot to the rear after the race or under the yellow to get your point across anything worse should not be allowed.Hopefully it has ended and be forgotten down the road.

Fortunally we have very good in car video and also video from the fans perspective. Not sure after watching them that it shows fault of any kind on anyone. What they do show is the kind of racing I loved as a fan many years ago. Without some on track drama racing is a bit boring to watch. TRP and its racers are putting people in the stands which pays to keep our playground open. Most of us racing have had a bad night where things got a little on the wild side. If not many of nights like some of us."ME" I will post what we have as soon as possible. SERIOUSLY though. We know who we can race close. And we know who to tiptoe around. But we are all going to have memorable BAD nights. Its the quest for that memorable WIN that keeps us a racing family. If you dont have a repair mans passion to constantly be fixing things broken. Stock car racing may not be for ya. Lol.

I fully agree.. I am #22 of the Williams racing team, 3 generations of racers.. race ethically morally and keep things real when we make mistakes. We as racers, pure stock drivers need each other. Without numbers we don't have a class, without each other we dont keep tracks open, we don't have a playground to play!! We do this for a competitive hobby to release adrenaline and flex our skills as drivers and builders, NOBODY DIRT TRACK RACES TO FEED THE FAMILY!! If you do your in the wrong profession! Bottom line this is a hobby and seeing how #9 and #19's retaliation was towards #14 of my team was uncalled for, unsportsmanlike, throwing an adult temper tantrum and out right should not be allowed! Taking out 2 bad ass cars BC he got mad is ignorant racing! This isn't the Daytona 500!! If #9 would have kept his cool, those 2 would have finished 1st and second no doubt! Rubbing is racing Boys!! Thats why we build bumpers, nerf bars, role cages, side bars, etc etc!! BC no matter how bad ass we think we are, it's inevitable to bang up on each other! don't like it, go bake cakes for a hobby instead!! #9's actions of coming from the infield and wide open slamming #14 after being passed walked a very fine line of getting criminal charges! Any hobby, any sport you engage in and intentionally take a full wide open 100% intentional hit at someone's drivers door, is a threat on someone's life not just some bubba giving you an attention tap from behind! I heard #9s bs explanation of his stearing box got broke when #14 passed him, is a crock!! Any racers who ever experienced a broken steering box, instant reaction is to nail the brakes and slow down,,, #9 nailed the gas and aimed for #14!! That was a low down move and then to have #19 driver jump out of his car and run at #14 engaging to fight like #14 had done the wrong is just insane logic! Like #14 had just infield slammed #9 or something.. I want to clear this air and leave this garbage behind us and continue the last 3 races of our season at TRP cleanly. We have many family members co-workers and children from ages 3-12 who come watch us race and don't come to see ANY OF US get plastered by other drivers temper tantrums! #9 and 19, your family and friends are included in this.. nobody wants to see any of us get hurt over a fun hobby.

NOTE FROM NICK....

I have let this thread stay up because it's pretty obvious that there are some things that need to be discussed.

Direct hits to a driver's door from the infield are inexcusable under any circumstances and, as in the past when I brought up a similar incident at this same track a few years ago (involving a different set of drivers), the seriousness of this sort of behavior is worth discussing.

I do ask that the posts be as bash-free as possible.

Nick

10-4 Mr Nick Holt.. the Williams racing team wants this issue squashed as respectfully as possible for every bodies sake, TRP, Williams Race Team and Outkast Team and other fellow racers. If there are any hostile feelings or thoughts from the Outcast Racing team of feelings of being done wrong by us to retaliate in this manner, we'd like to hear them out, change what we've done wrong if we've done them poorly. But as it stands we've done nothing more then give them a solid door to door run for their money with a few paint rubs here and there which is simple dirt track racing. I've personally been working on my set up and have only raced this impala 4-5 times only at TRP and haven't been as competitive as #14. This is a family event and hobby for everybody. Would like to fix this issue without someone getting seriously hurt.

It wasn't the drivers door.it was the left front wheel.my video clearly shows that. And if the track would stop the rough driving that has been going on from the williams boys since the big race. enough is enough. Tired of my cars getting tore up. You call it what ever you want. You knw the good ole saying treat others the way you want to be treated. Well that apply's out on the track as well. Race me clean and I'll race you clean. We can keep this going on and on but as far as im concerned its done and over with. but only time will tell. Ttlys You Boy! Gotta go bake a cake.

Well as I stated for my sake, #22 impala, I brought my old dad's car out from retirement and have raced it a total of 4-5 times only at TRP and been working on my set up and gearing so if you feel I've banged you up I apologize and it is 100% due to my inexperience in this car.. i purposely chose to hang in the back of the pack till I get my car dialed in so if you've been back of the pack hanging with me, I apologize for you. But as far as not hitting the drivers door!! We got pictures of the car and the front half of the drivers door is smashed into the door cage so hard the door bars came through the door sooo yes it was a drivers door shot 100%!! Want to see the pictures? Give me your number I'll text them right over to you or we can figure out how to post them here for everybody to see.. We got the car to prove it, not a video, it was our video anyways! As far as our racing style goes, that's complete competitive door to door rubbing dirt track racing from #14! Not no from the infield wide open smash into the side of someone's drivers door BC he got mad he got rubbed and past! #14 was clearly a faster car! No doubt! You are pretty much comparing #14s competitive racing with the infield life threatening slam that #9 did with he deserved it BC he rubbed #9 to pass him???? Really?? Thats chicken shit racing, even a boy knows that! Your not even acknowledging how serious and intentional #9s actions where!!

And I just want to add... I think TRP has done a great job, they can only do so much without losing a class and DQIng the class down to nothing for tight racing.. you can't exactly dq or black flag people for rubbing on a dirt track, for shits sake we are in a borderline controlled slide 70% of the freaking track, on dirt! We build door bars and bumpers for this reason BC it happens! If TRP should take any action it should be against idiot drivers coming from the infield taking out other drivers cars intentionally and destroying their own cars, DRIVERS DOOR OR DRIVERS SIDE FRONT WHEEL whatever! INTENTIONALLY SLAMMING ANOTHER RACER FROM THE INFIELD IS INEXCUSABLE! Destroying your own car was real smart huh?? Rubbing and bumping is just competitive racing! If someone's capable of being all over my ass just proves they are faster than me, I'll let him by... racer respect from just a boy I guess! Real man would mow into you from the infield for having to rub you to pass you though right??

Why even get on here and start this crap? Yes it needs to be discussed but dam really? I was put into the tire and I'm not on here bitching moaning and groaning about it!! It's racing and yes the #9 did not need to do what he did but he did and don't hit the drivers door directly on impact!! It was the front of the door and left front wheel. Had the #14 went and changed his tire and got back on the track he would have finished the race perfectly. But instead he chose to turn his car around and try to go after him while there was staff on the track. I watched the whole thing take place and trust me if a guy is gonna bump my left rear to try and spin me out and then get under me he will eat the same treatment. But other than that it was racing so let it go and be back at the track in two weeks and race it out!!! The #9 car has been bent for the last few races and has been pieced back together quite a bit!! I'm not taking sides because I don't have a car in pure stock but I do know that rubbing is racing trying to take someone out is not racing!! I went to the back of the street stock race and worked my way up to 6th. I hit one car and it was not intentionally. He slid up the track in front of me and I bumped him changed my line and got by him clean. That's how it's suppose to be don't!! So let by gons be by gons and race!!

Agree.. that is our plan and purpose of us discussing this subject here.. wanting it all aired out, before we get back on the track together, but just FYI, the #14 has a buckled spindle, broken up a-arm, bent tire rod end, needed tire held in place just to get on trailer. So continuing racing was not an option.

Let me be the outside observer in this discussion since I have zero affiliation with any of the drivers or teams involved in this.

1) If by some chance, the driver of the #14 car had been seriously injured (or, God forbid, worse), the future of TRP would be jeopardized should legal action be taken by the injured party or family.

2) Intentionally ramming another competitor in (or near) the driver's door that resulted in injury, or worse, could lead to law enforcement stepping in and filing charges.

Thankfully, no serious injuries were incurred, and I hope that this incident serves as a wake up call to those involved. I sincerely hope that the matter will be settled with a handshake.

This being said, I am closing this thread.

Nick

Archived