Wiley Doran - 1939-2017

NeilTPS

Wiley Doran - 1939-2017

Winston Wiley Doran II passed away at his home on July 24, 2017 at the age of 77.

I was privileged to have called Wiley Doran my friend, and a co-driver in three 24 Hour road races at the Autodromo of Monterrey, Mexico, a Race Control Assistant at Texas World Speedway’s Texas Race of Champions and occasionally a valued legal advisor.

My wife Terry and I send our sympathies to all his family and a great wife Jeanne who supported Wiley’s auto racing career and once co-drove with Wiley and I in the 24 hour race.

We also know the loss of their Dad which Shelley and Marcey and Julie must feel at this time. We had the pleasure of meeting his three impressive daughters when they were young girls in Houston.

Forever may you Rest in Peace - Wiley Doran.

Wiley’s family, friends and associates shared a Celebration of his Life at the Bradshaw-Carter Funeral Home, 1734 West ALABAMA Street, Houston, Texas 77098 during the afternoon of Saturday, August 5th. They honored and remembered "the gone but not forgotten man" we called our lawyer, golfing buddy, auto racer and a sincere friend, the late Wiley Doran.

The Doran family appreciates everyone who read this announcement and remembrance and attended.

Thank you my friend - Neil Upchurch

Founder - Texas Pro Sedans & TIDA Late Model Series
Race Director Texas Race of Champions at TWS

Archived