What a night for the EMODS

drttrk25

I would like to thank STXSpeedway for giving the EMOD'S a level playing field for this $750.00 to win race. And also keeping all the drivers informed of any last minute rule changes that could possibly effect the race results. It was truly a great race, it was so good there was 2 winners. Congrats to the BD5 and the 54. Man that BD5 was really fast tonight. His motor was certainly turning some R'S

no chip the track ran out ..if not enough chips then no one should have to run em for that night .imo that is a fair thing to do. that is a good fast car on any given night and cant and wont say if that was the deciding factor . but it leaves the hummm factor in play . great race I thought, emods always put on a great show ..and yes I work on one of those cars and that no chip did not cost us the race .still working on the set up and it is getting better every race ..

I guess they figured a car starting 16th wouldn't make it to the front.Hi-Tech is right , if you are going to let one run without a chip you should let all. Big thanks to Mr. Schurry for putting up the extra money for places 3,4 and 5.

To those Emod drivers above and that ran Saturday night. I apologize for the lack of chips. We tried to run with the slowest two cars on no chips. We felt that this would be the best and not affect the outcome of the race. However when a fast car went to the end of the A main lineup due to a driver change we failed to communicate to the person handing out the chips to place a chip in that car. This fast car ended up winning. This was a mistake by STS and we take full responsibility. Our intention was to have a fair race and made a decision to keep it that way. We failed you all. I have addressed how we will handle this in a different thread. Thank you all for your support. We appreciate all of you.

One note, running without chips was not a option. These cars are designed to run at a certain rev. If we had let them run without chips we might be sitting here today discussing how two or more motors were blown up costing drivers thousands. I would rather a driver be mad about a call then be trying to figure out how he can come up with money to get a new motor.

Thank you,

Ken Hobbs

I apologize for not getting to this thread before now.

I got home around 4:30 am and then off to church. I should have known better than to take a nap after church without checking the forums, but the old man was plumb worn out and needed some shut-eye.

I have deleted and hidden and edited several posts in this thread.

As always, I am asking that if anyone has a complaint with STS that they take their issues up with the track directrly rather than in the forums or on Facebook.

Thanks.

Nick

In light of the above edits and deletions and my suggestion to take your issues to the track staff rather than here in the forums, let's take this a step further....

So, a person with a legitimate gripe, or not so legitimate gripe, does what I suggest and takes the matter directly to the track, but doen't get the response they had hoped for. Does that mean the person with a complaint should now get on social media to air those complaints?

My answer: Not on Lone Star Speedzone.

I am totally aware that Facebook is filled with trash talk against tracks. Bad call? Bad track surface? Some track employee didn't treat you like royalty? We've all seen folks get on FB and make it sound like they're the victim or that the track is playing favorites, or the DQ they got was because the tech official is an idiot. Sure, it may feel good to bash someone behind the keyboard, but what good does it do for racing to give the world the impression that stock car folks are a bunch of crybabies?

Instead, we should strive to present racing to the world for what it really is - a great sport filled with great people having a great time. Make positive, helpful suggestions in public and save the negative stuff until you're on good enough terms with the track to have a genuine, honest, constructive discussion with reasonable solutions proposed in a positive manner.

You get the idea I hope. LSSZ is not here to serve as the complaint department for any Texas-based short track or Texas-based racing series.

Thanks for reading.

Nick

I was put in a bad position on this. Not sure what i was supposed to do? Not race? Not try? Most if not all the passes were corner or off the corner. Cautions fell my way too. I completely uderstand as I would have been pissed too if my son was one of the other cars.

Archived