Thank you TRP and the racers for a great weekend! (June16,17)

arob

Had a great time at TRP this weekend! Thanks to all the racers who came and put on a great show! Really love the atmosphere at TRP , lots of friendly people and staff. And the school bus ride for the kids ... I really love to see all the little faces looking out the windows smiling and waving as the bus goes by. What a great idea this is! A special tip of the hat to whoever gets the cars lined up and ready to go.Great job! Missed Owen , but great job TRP staff from the fan side !

First trip to TRP. Rolled in about 6 on Friday night. Left about noon today. Fun 2 days of racing. Thanks for having us. And arob enjoyed the conversation with you as well. Not to mention that 50/50 money the Mrs and I won last night.

Yes it is, they did a good job this weekend. Sitting on the hill with that breeze blowing through was perfect. The racing was good both nights. The beer was cold, and plenty of it. The concessions were of some of the best quality you will find anywhere. The hamburgers were good, and the hot dogs were hot and fresh. And you are right about that hill, those kids played on that thing both nights all night long.

There were a few cars that got tore up on Friday night, but the car count was still pretty good for the features on Saturday night. And you and I watched the 56 limited make the pass on the 89 and both commented on how well he did without using up the 89.

The 22 and the 19 in the street stock class were very even cars, both fast and smooth. The 57 chevy number 57 in the street stock class was a treat to see. And that car is fast as well, its not just a show piece.

The pure stocks were well represented also. Some very good cars out there in that class.

The mod lites were entertaining as well. Those things really get moving. I went in to the pits on Friday night after the races, and was talking to the 88 team in the mod lite division, and they had some pretty serious damage, and the way the drive shaft looked, lucky no one was hurt.

One last thing, the wife was a few minutes late getting in on Saturday night due to a trip to visit the winery in the area. But as she was heading in from the motorhome it was when the National Anthem was going on, And she snapped a photo from out by where the motorhome was looking at the track with all the fans standing on top of the hill and in the stands. It is a neat photo.

The school bus is a classic promotion.

Just some observations from a fans perspective.

Fun weekend.

Thanks

I would say in South Texas Pure Stock is the most competitive class week end and week out. They usually have the largest car count with the fewest yellows to boot. Gotta say we South Texas fans are lucky to have three tracks so close together ( South Texas Speedway , I-37 Speedway and Texana Raceway Park) that all three offer great quality racing. Hopefully these tracks continue to have this support so we can enjoy for years to come. And I agree TRP definately has a great concession!

Archived