Black flag ...opinion only

Ssracerdad

I've watched race after race the same drivers purposely hitting another car to take them out, cause they couldn't get by them. All drivers are " warned" in the drivers meeting about rough driving. That should be the only warning they get. Not after they hit someone on purpose. Start using the black flag when it happens the first time. Maybe that will stop some of the rough driving and torn up cars week after week.

In all the years I've been watching racing I can only remember very few times the black flag being used for rough driving. I guess it's how you want to define rough driving. You don't want to sanitize it to the point of no contact.As for this past weekend I did see a couple times it could had been used. Like I wouldn't throw it for giving someone a shot to the rear under yellow.Most times that gets the point across and it ends there. But body slamming to the point a car leaves the ground or getting spun at speed on the back straight resulting in 2 1/2 360's it could had been used.

In all the years I've been watching racing I can only remember very few times the black flag being used for rough driving. I guess it's how you want to define rough driving. You don't want to sanitize it to the point of no contact.As for this past weekend I did see a couple times it could had been used. Like I wouldn't throw it for giving someone a shot to the rear under yellow.Most times that gets the point across and it ends there. But body slamming to the point a car leaves the ground or getting spun at speed on the back straight resulting in 2 1/2 360's it could had been used.

I agree!! I went thru the infield to avoid that car and tried my best to avoid the car spinning. Not bashing anybody but someone is gonna get seriously hurt by it. I have seen it at the 3 tracks I have raced at this season and I'm a rookie!! We all need to practice give and take and have some fun. I can honestly say havent hit anyone intentionally but I have torn my car up because of stupidity. The streestocks at trp are very competitive and any car in top 10 has a chance to win and also avg 24 cars a night. We all have a pedal that is left of the loud pedal and sometimes you have to use it or stuff like this happens. Thank you to everyone that made this weekend possible!!

14 street stock Lynn fox

I was one of those that received a hard "CHEAP SHOT" to the rear while attempting to exit the track following the checkers. Think if the flagman could see everything that happens he would have used the black flag. Unfortunately, He obviously cant watch every car at every moment. While running in the second posion, this same driver delivering my hit also stupidly took himself out again in the feature due to his own driving. Have raced all TRP races this year without a scratch on the front of my car. Yet, this driver told me after tearing up my car that I need to learn how to drive... Despite repairs and frustration. Racing always gives us something to laugh and smile about! If my 300+ lb overweight and under powered budget motored 2 seater car has passed you clean... It probably has nothing to do with the driver???LOL

The topic of rough driving always draws a lot of comments. Unfortunately, some folks use the topic to blame the track or the flagman for rough driving.

While we all have an opinion on what constitutes rough driving, I will edit or delete posts that blame the track or their officials as I have done in a couple of posts in this thread.

If anyone has a complaint about a particular incident, they should take it up with the track rather than airing their complaints on social media.

Nick

Not sure why it can't be discussed here Nick. As long as name calling and insults are left out of it. This is a place most use to "vent". I'm sure if everybody called compident person at the track on every thing that happend I would soon exspect the phone to quit getting answered! Things to need to be talked about as a group. Seems its ok for the good to get blasted here but not the bad.I understand some people go to far and cross the line but at some point things need to surface and become known.

Well , in defense of the track this was their first big event.Being that you wanna get your car count up and deliver to the fans especially since this is year one of the rebirth.In that respect this was a big success.You tend try to make everyone happy. Happens every special event at every track. I'm sure these things have been noted and things will be a little tighter next big event.

We should all be thankful we have a place to race. They are doing their best and are trying to do things right. Is a learning curve trying to make everyone happy and keep things running smoothly. Have to remember this is first time to run a track for Tony and I am thankful someone stepped up and we have a track. I have seen the good outweigh the bad at this track by a very large margin. Thanks for all the time and hard work you guys put in to keep the place going.

Not sure why it can't be discussed here Nick. As long as name calling and insults are left out of it. This is a place most use to "vent". I'm sure if everybody called compident person at the track on every thing that happend I would soon exspect the phone to quit getting answered! Things to need to be talked about as a group. Seems its ok for the good to get blasted here but not the bad.I understand some people go to far and cross the line but at some point things need to surface and become known.

"It" (rough driving) can be discussed here in general terms, but when one or two drivers are singled out, I draw the line. And when the track is called out in public, I also draw the line whether the complaint is true or not. This is NOT the complaint department for any track and I refuse to let it become the place for frustrated people to vent.

Lone Star Speedzone has had a LONG history of editing and deleting posts that qualify as rants and also has a long history of allowing issues that are not bashes, complaints, bitching, attacking, etc, to remain for the good of racing overall.

I hope this clarifies my position on this matter.

Nick

I was trying to raise awareness to an issue that I experienced. There was no ill intent toward the track, neither expressed nor implied.

And that's the way it should be... Most folks don't get on here as many times a day as I do, so some of you don't get to ever see the stuff I edit out or delete or hide from public view. That means that sometimes it may appear that I'm being mean or arbitrary, but I try walk that fine line between bashing and constructive posts. Not as easy as it might seem.

Nick

You know, What really tickles me is how the title of a post can draw so much interest. I mean, just look at how many views for this post compared to any other post in the last two or three months where we have marketed events and talked about the great things that the track was trying to do. Last night, I noticed there was over 800 views on this thread and I'm sure it's over 900 today, I just can't tell by looking from my phone. I'm thinking that whenever Kayla and I want to post about an upcoming event, maybe we will lead in with the words black flag or dirty driver before we post a topic about an event or something good that is going on. LOL . Right below this thread is the subject of military appreciation night on July 1st. Such an important thing to recognize but it will get only a fraction of the views. I mean, if we were to lead in our topics with "Black flag" or "cheater" or "dirty driver" it's one way to garner interest about the operation, I suppose. And, this is just an observation as well.

Finally, I bet you do see the black flag a few times coming up and as you know last weekend with bigger money you're going to get harder driving competitors. I will say that I have never seen in about 10 years the amount of talent and competition in the class that I drive in (Street stocks). I really cannot say enough about that group. Very impressive talent, fast cars, and car count!

You are doing a fantastic job and using this site as it was intended. It might interest you to know that the majority of "hits" your TRP forum generates are from outside the S. Texas area. Mostly from the Dallas, Houston, Austin and San Antonio areas, but also many from the mid-west, Oklahoma and Arkansas demographic.

We all know that negative stuff draws attention just like a wreck on the side of the road produces "rubber-neckers" that slow traffic to a crawl.

Keep up the awesome work, TRP!

You know, What really tickles me is how the title of a post can draw so much interest. I mean, just look at how many views for this post compared to any other post in the last two or three months where we have marketed events and talked about the great things that the track was trying to do. Last night, I noticed there was over 800 views on this thread and I'm sure it's over 900 today, I just can't tell by looking from my phone. I'm thinking that whenever Kayla and I want to post about an upcoming event, maybe we will lead in with the words black flag or dirty driver before we post a topic about an event or something good that is going on. LOL . Right below this thread is the subject of military appreciation night on July 1st. Such an important thing to recognize but it will get only a fraction of the views. I mean, if we were to lead in our topics with "Black flag" or "cheater" or "dirty driver" it's one way to garner interest about the operation, I suppose. And, this is just an observation as well.

Finally, I bet you do see the black flag a few times coming up and as you know last weekend with bigger money you're going to get harder driving competitors. I will say that I have never seen in about 10 years the amount of talent and competition in the class that I drive in (Street stocks). I really cannot say enough about that group. Very impressive talent, fast cars, and car count!

You are correct about that street stock class. There was some great racing in that class this past weekend.

Monty i was there at the drivers meeting when you asked to keep opinions off social media evidently that was not heard by all there. that includes facebook . I started racing in 1977. Tony Blankenship will sit down with any body and talk. This guy give us a place to lets all help him or our cars will be settin in the pastures. Like he said we are still learnin im behind him 100%

LOL Jay. And by the way, awesome post race summary as you always do!!!

Folks, I really don't feel the original author of this thread was bashing, nor has anyone in this thread. My observation and learning is on how to title a topic to draw viewers. Successful completion of Marketing 101....LOL

Archived