Starting to see improvements

So you think the owner would concrete the pits before asphalting the track? Probably not. But what the heck maybe you can rent a concrete pit spot. I'm sure there is something else behind the concrete but it can damn sure be used for racing stuff later.

Edited by poorboy

• 2 weeks later...

Richard Ford what is almost gone ? The only thing that has changed is that the parking lot and part of the pit area are being leased by the company doing the concrete work for the new harbor bridge . The track , concession area , restrooms , stands and so on still remain and are more than useable .

Sam Duncan when you take away "It was sad to see the place I started racing and Filming at , look like it was almost gone". and just use the words "almost gone" only , you are making my post look negative , and FSAERacer feel for it , he is talking about your post , not what I posted.

re read , it says "It was sad to see the place I started racing and Filming at , look like it was almost gone. " Never said "it was almost gone or gone". "Look Like" is the key words your obviously over looking or reading more meaning in to. Folks being so use to seeing negative remarks more than positive on the internet , assumed I was being negative. Folks spending to much time reading something into nothing , its just the world we live in now , 2017 America !!

For those who may be questioning my words because of the way they were re used to make me look negative - When I Richard Ford drove down Flato road on June 10th , 2017 , it did LOOK like it was almost gone. Piles of dirt as high as the stands , heavy equipment and trucks every where. Concrete plant being built or at least adding on to it?I could barely see the track. (see pictures) My statement still stands , as its how , I , Myself felt on that day June 10th , 2017.It was sad to see the place I started racing and Filming at , look like it was almost gone. I hope that explains it all and folks are able to see my words for what they really mean and not what others think they meant.

Ps. Glad I felt something , means the place still means something to "me" after all these years being gone from the area.

Richard Ford I WAS talking about your post ! Ok your post says " looks like its almost gone " but from what I see and look at its still all there ..... You must be the guy that doesn't look around the tree to see the lake ... you just assume because you only see a creek that the lake is almost gone but its just out of site . JMO lol

Richard My parents started taking me to CC Speedway when I was a baby and I had the opportunity to race there for many yrs and I hope one day to be able to race there again one day . If not I'll sit in the stands and watch the next generation of drivers race .

Edited by SamDuncan

RICHARD some don't have the capacity to realize the passion you have for this track that's part of human nature ..

i myself did not see anything negative or imply the track was history coming from your post i understood the wording you used ..i noticed f you are not 1000 percent what is perceived as positive post the guard will come out and speak so why post anything bout this track ..not being negative here life is what it is .

SO outside the pundits ill relive some of the past

1961 sitting high up in the stands third row down leaning against the rails looking out into the pits at all those jalopies getting ready to pull out onto the track will forever be planted into my mind ., the smoke coming from the food court the aroma the taste the flavor of popcorn and cotton candy wow ,.this had to be heaven .. its a sad deal that your mind isn't able to remember each aspect of every minute you spent at this track over all those years and maybe its a good thing it cant but every time i looked up at that area that spot over the years it puts a smile on my face and at times sadness .you see i cant see my parents sitting there in person they are gone i can only picture it in my mind .1961 a day i dreamed to someday be able to leave my mark on the wall to feel the heat of the motor the tires the sweat and the hard work it took to do so not knowing if it would come true .till one day taking my girlfriend now my wonderful wife out to cc 1983 .she was hooked and i was too .the first lap i made was something to thrill about ..the last lap i made was something to remember to cherish my son won a championship with me out on the track racing with him .it would take a life time for me to tell all the stories this track has given me cuz it would take that long to remember most of em . i am sorry or sad that every time this track is mentioned on here someone takes the time to find a way to read between the lines and make something out of nothing this is a memory some of us don't want................... thank you Richard for the memories you taped that i own and for your input you have your place in history at cc speedway .......

We're all on the same page here... We all are hoping that when CC Speedway roars back to life, it will inspire a new generation of folks with with the same sense of adventure, respect for the past and hope for their future racing endeavors.

Let's all do all we can to help make CC Speedway the best "bullring" in the country when it does re-open.

Nick

Damn , HiTech , that was a beautiful post. My love for STS is pretty well known but STS doesn't come close to matching the memories and that feeling you got walking in the gate and into the stands at CCS. Just thinking of all the names I saw race there , many at the same time!.Rollins, Labonte, Yoemans, Nichols , Rapp,Beddoe ,Flanagans , Barnec , Mikulencak to name just a few. My Dad used to stand against the fence between the ticket booth and the beer concession during intermissions to chat with people he knew. Every time I went past this spot I will look at that spot and I swear I can almost see him standing there. So hopefully the future will be good for CCS. The closest I've come to that"feeling" at a track was San Antonio Speedway.

Edited by arob

Hitech I wasn't saying Richards post was negative I was simply stating that the track is not almost gone as he posted all he had to do was look around the dirt piles and concrete trucks and see its all still there but you didn't have the capacity to see what I was trying to say !!! You know my number if you want to discuss anything else

As Far as people having passion for the track well I grew up there just like many people and would love to see it open and pits full of cars and stands full of fans waiting for some of the best car racing I have been part of but for the moment we all have to wait .

Edited by SamDuncan

HEY sam maybe we both need a shot from the flux capacitor lol...but really Richard did not need a lecture on what he did not see the picture shows the truth ..and yes I am one who would love to see old glory back up and running full bore even seeing you behind the wheel would not be bad ..me my time behind the wheel is over .

Top shelf I like your dad have too many memories that wont pop up till something is said to bring them back .I never told my story like I just did before too any one ,arob along with many others from that era . my bet is your dad has not even touched the memories and stories he has hidden ...some day sadly you and my son will go through the same memory process and tell your kids and friends or anyone . I know its boring to some and means nothing but it will mean something to you something no one can take away .some say you live in the past for the most part they are correct means your alive . and yes and its great ..

You're absolutely right about the memories HiTech. I have heard several, made several myself. Unfortunately for me, my daughter could care less about racing unless I'm in a car. Unfortunately, I don't know much about my dad's parents as they passed before I was born or able to make memories. My earliest memory is what my mom told me after her dad passed away and my grandmother passed nearly 10 years ago. I have several fond memories of CCS and some not so fond, but memorable. I do hope CCS comes back and drivers will support the track on a grander scale. I do remember the days of 20-30 cars per class at CCS.

Well, the title of this thread is positive, and I like how it has turned to leaving some fond memories:

There are so many to choose from,

One particular Saturday just before the new season was starting, had to be in the mid-late 70's. Frank, Sandy & ol' Harold would always paint the walls & stands in the off season. As it was close to the season start a few racers were practicing. Towards the end of the day, Monty Nichols was practicing his hobby stock and lost it in 1-2, and smacked the wall. It was very quiet and Big Frank hollers out, hand that damn boy a paint brush!

Well, it was humorous then, I guess you had to be there.

I for one believe there will be many more memories made there. When it's ready, we'll be ready too.

Mel

AFTER Richard petty did his bad flipping the insurance told frank the catch fence had to be razed four feet and curved out and cable had to strung through the lower parts ..

.now anyone who knew frank had to stand back alittle as to keep from getting hit he could not talk with out swinging his head and arms back and forth and he was really lit up

after hearing the news .me walter and someone else may have been dick lunstrum were sitting in the stands looking at what had to be done and frank shook his head and said wont open this year the whole damn fence has to come down ..I pointed out just cut the top off and add what is needed .he said nope . so we went over to tipps to eat and a few racers were there .frank stood up said he had an idea ..why not cut the top off and add what is needed ..what do yah think .I laughed and said great ideal frank . the fence is still there ..mel I had those paint brushes more than once .. added I only ever saw frank get really mad and it was me he was mad at .I did not hear the star bangle banner being played .he saw me walking and tore into me like no other ..that was one mistake you did not want to do around him ...

Edited by HiTech

I really don't understand how so much drama, and bickering always finds its way into any conversation that has anything to do with CC SPEEDWAY.

When the time is right, and all the improvements are done, and Dan finally opens the gates for racing, I hope and pray that everyone can co-exist and we all can race again.

Hopefully with asphalt racing all but gone in Texas, a lesson will be learned and the track gets the support in needs to survive from the drivers and fans alike.....