Question on street stocks

The rules say no monoball or spherical type bushing correct? Yes it does, but what are the bushings on a 3-link car? They are monoball type heim joint. So that contradicts itself in all aspects. Yes that's what I got the dq for after winning last race and accepted it but got to thinking about this situation. Plus I have other issues I will not address on here. Not bashing in any way just curious.

Thanks

Racer Guy,

I am not smart enough to answer your question. I will ask Ted what he knows about this subject.

I am not accusing you of anything but did you have the original bushings in the car?

What is everyone else running? others were not DQed, so you must be running something different then others in your class.

Maybe I'm wrong. Like I said, I am not a Mechanic. I am just a poor man with a bad habit called racing.

Ken Hobbs

I personally have never understood why a 3 link rear made since in this class. Most rules contradict themselves in this regard as you have stated. Not to mention that a 3 link car in the right hands has a huge advantage over a conventional 4 link.

As Nick and thers have said before, It may just be the class progressing. If so, all Street Stocks may be forced to convert to the more tuneable set up if thats the winning ticket. DQ or not. You drove a good race.

well im not the tech but I have a 3 link car the lower arms have a stock bushing on both sides and each arm but the center bar is solid with no pull spring or biscuit it has no advantage . if you have the 4 link with all monoballs they will work good all together it would have side to side travel too not just up and down ,, JMO . but a good race too !!

Railer is correct, using a solid 3rd link bar with no spring or no way to absorb the pinion torque there is no advantage. From recent experience we have had to over engineer all brackets and bars due to carnage being dished out. So from that standpoint you could be at a disadvantage using a 3 link. Of course we must run a panhard bar but there isnt anything keeping you from running your own panhard pan if you desired to. So to answer your next question that comes from my first answer is if there isnt no advantage why are cars running them? The answer is some of those cars years ago were allowed to run not only a 3 link but all the additional goodies that allowed a 3 link to work well. I would convert the car I am helping back to its stock 4 link if I knew for certain the class was going to survive in corpus and I wasnt rebuilding it from race to race. My personal opinion after 5 years of street stock shootout competition and racing the best the area has to offer, leaf sprung cars and stock 4 links was the only cars that week in and week out were at the top every single race for 5 years. No 3 link car dominated in the series and with the rules allowing a 3 link very few top competitors changed to go that direction. With that being said there are some good cars using them and different tracks now but I see no advantage that warrants concern of them being used.

Well there ya have it. All my questions have been answered! I'll be fully legal this weekend and if anyone cares to come look at the car before or during the races then you are more than welcome to climb under my car at any point. I'm ready!

Archived