Innovative Rent-a-Racecars Exceeding Expectations

TRP

From TRP Media:

So, a fan has been attending dirt track races for a short while or a long while wondering what it would be like to drive a stock car on the dirt track, but not sure they want to invest in the full cost of a car without first trying it out. Dreams are coming true with the innovative concept of Rent-a-Racecars at Texana Race Way Park (TRP). With four race events in the books at TRP, there have been eight different renters along with rental opportunities during the pre-season practice.

After four events down equaling eight different renters thus far during the regular season, two people caught the fever and bought their own Pure Stocks and are now competing. Plus, there are three other prior renters out shopping for Pure Stocks now. TRP track operator Tony Blankenship said, “…when I pursued the idea of operating the track, I wanted to introduce some new things that would engage fans. The TRP School Bus has been one of those things. While my gut told me it would be a good idea, I was really not sure how well the Rent-a-Racecar idea would take off. Well, but it has definitely exceeded my expectations. We’ve had both men and women rent the cars and everyone has gotten out of the car saying that is the most fun I’ve ever had”. Drivers also state that “that is sure tougher than it looks sitting in the stands”. Blankenship stated that he is very pleased with how things have taken off at TRP during his inaugural season as an operator and the Rent-a-Racecars have sure brought out a new interest in the entire racing scene.

Texana Raceway Park maintains a list for those wanting to experience a Rent-a-Racecar and the dirt jewel has two cars in operation each night. We work thru our list two weeks prior to each event to determine if the next up on the list is available. Sometimes due to work commitments or other prior commitments, it doesn’t work out that the next in line is available, thus we simply work down the list to the first available person and keep everyone on the list for a future date. Slots are filling up fast though and we will overbook for the season so that we have a cushion for folks to fill a slot when someone cannot make their turn.

Rent-a-Racecars are $200 per night plus a $25 pit pass and for those who have never raced before.

post-1960-0-58417200-1496093924_thumb.jpg

post-1960-0-69392000-1496093937_thumb.jpg

Excellent opportunity!!!

With respect to go cart tracks and the very few rental race cars available like "The Petty Experience", not sure whereelse a future possible racer can get their feet wet.

Should TRP Perhaps look to open the facility and the Rent A Racecars on an off weekend? Maybe bring in a popular named TRUE professional to provide a class on dirt driveing instruction for all to attend for a nominal fee. Who knows? TRP is diffenatly one of the hottest tracks around. It just keeps on growing...

Archived