the plot thickens.... #bashcar vs cota

http://foxsanantonio.com/sports/max-sports/texas-could-make-play-for-nascar-all-star-and-finale-races

I'm still trying to figure this out on a total scale....

Is #bashcar at TMS hurting so bad that it now needs state of Texas funding just to host a race?

Is TMS/Eddie Gossage just going after a big show....The #800 gorilla if you will?

Is TMS/Eddie Gossage trying to slap around COTA/McCombs-Epstien for scheduling conflicts by stealing state funding away?.....Turning COTA into the biggest virtual rattlesnake farm in Texas?

Or, has the state decided throwing 50mil at COTA a waste and better spent elsewhere......

“As we go through life, we often hear pearls of wisdom ... such as never make a NASCAR fan who votes upset with you,” Estes said.

LOL....Guess the presidential election taught him something....

Moving any of those races wont help nascar .the tracks maybe ...as for cota even though nascar is fading cota will never be able to hold a candle to nascar on their worst day ..but I have been wrong before ...

"Ramage told lawmakers that Texas Motor Speedway envisions three to five days of events in cities across Texas, including Houston, Dallas, El Paso and Amarillo. He didn’t provide any details and Gossage declined AP’s request to detail the pitch Ramage made to lawmakers. " The one thing in common with these 4 cities? They all have dirt tracks.

how about a dedicated road course instead of a trip through the infield.

Oh, I agree. The Roval just falls in line with other gimmicks.

But the powers at TMS will not give up a race so easily without pushing some sort of alternative to NASCAR.

Archived