Oriol Servia and Palm Beach Driving Club Gearing Up for Indy 500

Oriol Servia and Palm Beach Driving Club
Gearing Up for Indianapolis 500
SPEEDWAY, Ind. - The anticipation is building for Oriol Servia and Palm Beach Driving Club for Sunday's 101st running of the Indianapolis 500.

Servia, who is sporting a Palm Beach Driving Club logo on his helmet, will start the race in 12th position after qualifying with a four-lap average speed of 230.309 mph around the famed 2.5-mile Indianapolis Motor Speedway. It will be his ninth start in the world's largest single-day sporting event.

The team suffered an engine malfunction with the No. 16 Rahal Letterman Lanigan Honda during Tuesday's practice. But, Servia believes he is still in good shape for Sunday's race.

"We were running to see how the car was in heavy traffic and to be honest I was really happy right away," the veteran driver said. "I had just discussed with my engineer Tom (German) that if everything went well with the next run, we were going to park the Manitowoc car because I was very happy with it. The engine went but it's not too bad of a situation. I'm going to get a fresh engine for the race and it will hopefully be as good, if not better, than the one I had."

The members of Palm Beach Driving Club have a genuine rooting interest with Servia wearing a PBDC logo on his helmet for a second straight year. Servia, who has a best finish of fourth in the Indy 500, finished 12th in the historic 100th running of the race in 2016.

Palm Beach Driving Club Managing Director Paul Jones was in Indianapolis this past weekend and saw Servia's enthusiasm first hand. He also saw why the Indianapolis Motor Speedway is such hallowed ground in the world of racing.

"It was a tremendous experience to visit with Oriol and the team and to see them prepare for the Indianapolis 500," Jones said. "You feel the history of the Brickyard as soon as you enter the facility. We're pleased that Palm Beach Driving Club and its members will be represented by such a great driver as Oriol Servia at the "Greatest Spectacle in Racing."

Palm Beach Driving Club is the pre-eminent members-only club for automotive enthusiasts in the United States, and is located at Palm Beach International Raceway in Jupiter, Florida.

The 101st running of the Indianapolis 500 is set for May 28, with coverage beginning at 11 a.m. EDT on ABC, and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway radio network. For more information about PBDC, please go to RacePBDC.com.

About Palm Beach Driving Club:
Palm Beach Driving Club (PBDC) offers weekly, year-round track programs to automotive enthusiasts exclusively at Palm Beach International Raceway. The elite club allows drivers to tailor the program to fit their lifestyle. The club's membership is made up of drivers of all levels of experience with a desire for practice sessions and races under the guidance of professional drivers.

PBIR is undergoing an expansive multi-year capital improvement project that will see new state-of-the-art client hospitality and higher-level lighting developed for night-time televised racing and new club activities as just a few new additions. This year, the road course has hosted large scale corporate programs with Rolls Royce, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Ferrari, Bentley and Cadillac to name only a few impressive automotive brands now using PBDC and PBIR to host their dealership groups and customers.

# # #

Archived