Midwest Sheet Metal Challenge Returns as Key Part of Show-Me 100

Midwest Sheet Metal Challenge Returns as Key Part of Show-Me 100

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

BATAVIA, OH (May 24, 2017) - For the fifth straight year, drivers failing to nail down a coveted starting spot in the Lucas Oil Show-Me 100 - presented by ProtectTheHarvest.com through preliminary events, will still have hope for the May 27th Crown Jewel event.

The top-24 drivers that did not transfer into the Show-Me 100 (via preliminary events) will be eligible to start the $2,500-to-win, $250-to-start, non-qualifiers race - held prior to the Show-Me 100 main event. The winner of the 20-lap, Midwest Sheet Metal Challenge has the choice of keeping their $2,500 winnings, or forfeiting their earnings to start last in the 100-lap main event.

In addition to the winner's share, the Midwest Sheet Metal Challenge pays a minimum of $250 to start, so it gives everyone in the field a chance for additional winnings, despite not making the main event.

Midwest Sheet Metal owner Chris Davis said he's proud of the way the Challenge has quickly become a Show-Me 100 tradition and provided memorable moments for drivers and fans alike.

"It's really become maybe the best race of the weekend," Davis said of the last-chance qualifier, sending only the winner on to the main event - if the winner wants to forfeit the prize money.

"We're proud of our affiliation with the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, the Lucas Oil MLRA and Lucas Oil Speedway," Davis said. "It's really like being a part of a big family and great bunch of friends. The whole Lucas deal ... they're for real. It's a great partnership."

In 2016, Bobby Pierce won the Midwest Sheet Metal Challenge and started 29th in the Show-Me 100. He was dueling for the lead late in the event, bringing fans to their feet as he battled with Scott Bloomquist and Jimmy Owens, before a flat tire ruined his chances at the victory. Pierce came back to a fifth-place finish, earning $5,000 for his efforts.

Two years ago, Chris Simpson went from 31st to third and took home $6,000.

"The Midwest Sheet Metal has become an important factor to racers - giving them one last shot at making the prestigious Show-Me 100," said Rick Schwallie, Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Director. "Chris and Jan Davis are terrific supporters of dirt track racing and guardians of our sport. We're grateful to have them as a part of our Lucas Oil family."

Midwest Sheet Metal is a family owned and operated business specializing in the design and custom fabrication of carbon steel, stainless and aluminum products. Midwest Sheet Metal has one of the area's largest in-stock inventories of steel, aluminum, stainless and structural shapes.

For more information, visit their website located at www.msmfab.com or call (417) 869-1252.

Archived