USMTS on 3-day swing to kick off Northern Region slate

NickHolt

USMTS embarks on three-day swing to kick off RHRSwag.com Northern Region slate

OGILVIE, Minn. (May 16) -- We're not even to Memorial Day Weekend yet, and already the United States Modified Touring Series has 27 shows in the books, including the entire 21-race Summit Racing Equipment USMTS Southern Region.

But now the snow is all but a memory and the earth is beginning to warm up farther north of the equator, so it's time for the Best of the Best in the dirt modified world to help heat up the nation's race tracks nearer our northern border with the kick off for the RHRSwag.com Northern Region this Thursday, Friday and Saturday, May 18-20.

The Casey's USMTS National Tour powered by S&S Fishing & Rental will crack open the regional points battle on Thursday at the Ogilvie Raceway in Ogilvie, Minn. On Friday, the series scoots up north to the I-94 Speedway in Fergus Falls, Minn., and then wraps up the tripleheader on Saturday with the first-ever visit to the Devils Lake Speedway in Crary, N.D.

THURSDAY, MAY 18, 2017

OGILVIE RACEWAY - OGILVIE, MINN.

The 2nd Annual Chubbs Performance Midweek Modified Madness presented by Victory Door Systems will take place at "The Big O" on Thursday, May 18, and will also feature an unsanctioned "outlaw" B-Mod special with a top paycheck of $3,001 to win. Gates open at 5 p.m., hot laps begin at 6:45 and racing starts at 7.

Stormy Scott is a three-time former winner at Ogilvie and Jason Hughes has two victories including last year's Midweek Modified Madness. Other past USMTS winners here include Jeremy Payne, Jason Krohn and Zack VanderBeek.

Adult general admission tickets are $20. Seniors age 55 and older, students and members of the military get in for $18. Kids ages 12 and under are free. Pit passes are $35. Fans can pick up $2-off discount coupons on race day at Casey's General Stores locations in Cambridge, Foley, Milaca, North Branch, Ogilvie, Pine City, Princeton and Zimmerman. To find the location nearest you, go to www.caseys.com.

The Ogilvie Raceway is a 3/8-mile semi-banked dirt oval located 2.0 miles east of Ogilvie on the south side of SR 23. For more information, call (763) 267-4572 or visit www.ogilvieraceway.com.

FRIAY, MAY 19, 2017

I-94 SPEEDWAY - FERGUS FALLS, MINN.

On Friday, May 19, the series returns to the I-94 Speedway in Fergus Falls, Minn., for the 3rd Annual Summersota Nationals presented by Barry Construction with Midwest Mods, Limited Late Models and Street Stocks also on the card. The pit gate opens at 3 p.m. and grandstands open at 5:30 with the first heat race going green at 7.

Rodney Sanders won at the I-94 Speedway in 2015 and Stormy Scott took home $10,000 after capturing last year's Summersota victory here.

General admission tickets are $15 while kids ages 10 and under are admitted free with a paid general admission ticket. Tailgate vehicle entries are $20 and RV tailgate parking is $30. Race fans can get discount coupons good for $2 off general admission at Casey's General Stores locations in Fergus Falls and Hoffman, plus the Wahpeton store just across the North Dakota border. To find the location nearest you, visit www.caseys.com.

The I-94 Speedway is located off of I-94 at exit 54, then 0.9 mile east on SR 210 to North Tower Rd., then 1.3 miles north to stop sign, then 0.6 mile west. For more information, call (218) 998-2191 or check out www.i94speedways.com on the World Wide Web.

SATURDAY, MAY 20, 2017

DEVILS LAKE SPEEDWAY - CRARY, N.D.

The Casey's USMTS National Tour powered by S&S Fishing & Rental makes its maiden voyage to the Devils Lake Speedway on Saturday, May 20, for the inaugural USMTS event presented by Envision & Schill Construction.

Midwest Mods, Pure Stocks, Hornets and Circle Track Mini-Trucks will round out the five-division program. The pit gate opens at 4 p.m. and grandstands opening at 5 and racing action getting started at 7.

Early bird advance general admission tickets are $18 for adults and $5 for kids ages 6-10 years old. Order tickets online any time up through May 20 at https://goo.gl/fsEu72 and save some money. Tickets are $25 at the gate or $10 for kids. Children ages 5 and under get in for free. Pit passes are $35. Race fans can get discount coupons good for $2 off general admission at the Casey's General Store located at 309 N. U.S. Hwy. 281 in Carrington.

The Devils Lake Speedway is a 1/3-mile semi-banked clay oval located 1.3 miles east of Doyon on US 2 between mile markers 287 & 288, then south. For more information, call (701) 398-3577 or (218) 469-0576 or go to www.dlspeedway.com online.

This year's RHRSwag.com Northern Region campaign consists of 13 races in Northern Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin, with the regional champion earning a $6,000 payday.

Every main event in the RHRSwag.com Northern Region will dole out no less than $3,000 to the winner and $300 to start for licensed drivers ($250 for non-licensed).

Any driver finishing in the top-15 in points or with perfect attendance in a region is qualified for The Hunt which will once again pay $25,000 to the series champ. The Hunt will be a 23-race journey which begins Aug. 3 and crowns the 2017 USMTS National Champion on opening night of the 19th Annual Featherlite Fall Jamboree on Sept. 21. Every driver with perfect attendance in The Hunt is guaranteed no less than $2,000 in points fund money.

Drivers in each region will race for at least $3,000 to win a one-night show but even more is possible during The Hunt thanks to Rancho Milagro. Drivers qualifying for The Hunt through a single region will get a $1,000 bonus for winning a race during The Hunt (that's $4,000 to win). If you qualify through two regions, the Rancho Milagro Bonus climbs to $1,500 and qualifying through all three regions earns you a $2,000 bonus, making a win during The Hunt worth $5,000.

Nineteen years ago, the USMTS debuted with a total points fund of $25,000. This year, the USMTS will dole out more than $200,000 in points fund money and contingency awards at the end of the season.

To learn more about the United States Modified Touring Series, visit www.usmts.com online or call 515-832-7944. You can also like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/usmts, follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/usmts and Instagram at www.instagram.com/usmts or subscribe to our YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/usmtstv. Keep up to speed with everything USMTS by joining our email list at www.usmts.com/subscribe.

Ogilvie's Midweek Madness postponed to 'Masters' week in June

OGILVIE, Minn. (May 17) -- The Casey's USMTS National Tour powered by S&S Fishing & Rental was set to kick off the RHRSwag.com Northern Region this Thursday, May 18, at the Ogilvie Raceway but Mother Nature had other plans.

Following a downpour late Wednesday, officials at the Ogilvie, Minn., speedplant have pulled the plug on Thursday's Chubbs Performance Midweek Modified Madness.

The race has been postponed to Wednesday, June 14-one day before action begins at the Cedar Lake Speedway for the $50,000-to-win Modified Masters event.

All systems are go for this Friday, May 19, at the I-94 Speedway and Saturday, May 20, for the first-ever visit by the USMTS to the Devils Lake Speedway in Crary, N.D.

On Friday, the series returns to the I-94 Speedway in Fergus Falls, Minn., for the 3rd Annual Summersota Nationals presented by Barry Construction with Midwest Mods, Limited Late Models and Street Stocks also on the card. The pit gate opens at 3 p.m. and grandstands open at 5:30 with the first heat race going green at 7.

Rodney Sanders won at the I-94 Speedway in 2015 and Stormy Scott took home $10,000 after capturing last year's Summersota victory here.

General admission tickets are $15 while kids ages 10 and under are admitted free with a paid general admission ticket. Tailgate vehicle entries are $20 and RV tailgate parking is $30. Race fans can get discount coupons good for $2 off general admission at Casey's General Stores locations in Fergus Falls and Hoffman, plus the Wahpeton store just across the North Dakota border. To find the location nearest you, visit www.caseys.com.

The I-94 Speedway is located off of I-94 at exit 54, then 0.9 mile east on SR 210 to North Tower Rd., then 1.3 miles north to stop sign, then 0.6 mile west. For more information, call (218) 998-2191 or check out www.i94speedways.com on the World Wide Web.

The Casey's USMTS National Tour powered by S&S Fishing & Rental makes its maiden voyage to the Devils Lake Speedway on Saturday, May 20, for the inaugural USMTS event presented by Envision & Schill Construction.

Midwest Mods, Pure Stocks, Hornets and Circle Track Mini-Trucks will round out the five-division program. The pit gate opens at 4 p.m. and grandstands opening at 5 and racing action getting started at 7.

Early bird advance general admission tickets are $18 for adults and $5 for kids ages 6-10 years old. Order tickets online any time up through May 20 at https://goo.gl/fsEu72 and save some money. Tickets are $25 at the gate or $10 for kids. Children ages 5 and under get in for free. Pit passes are $35. Race fans can get discount coupons good for $2 off general admission at the Casey's General Store located at 309 N. U.S. Hwy. 281 in Carrington.

The Devils Lake Speedway is a 1/3-mile semi-banked clay oval located 1.3 miles east of Doyon on US 2 between mile markers 287 & 288, then south. For more information, call (701) 398-3577 or (218) 469-0576 or go to www.dlspeedway.com online.

This year's RHRSwag.com Northern Region campaign consists of 13 races in Northern Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin, with the regional champion earning a $6,000 payday. Every main event in the RHRSwag.com Northern Region will dole out no less than $3,000 to the winner and $300 to start for licensed drivers ($250 for non-licensed).

Archived