Press release about two 2017 race dates at Houston Mortorsports Park

NickHolt

Alot of good drivers has came and gone in just the few years I've been around asphalt. Almost all of those were back when the cars were basically a stock v-8 class ,with a few minor changes. It put racing back in the driver's hands not the wallets. Would be happy to see a stock v-8 class come back to HMP. Late model body's, clipped chassis,high dollar tranny's and so forth belong in a limited late model class. The rising cost of everything , not just racing is hard on the everyday working person. I have been told, go race eco stocks if you can't afford SST or outlaw street stock. Don't want it to sound like I'm bashing the people that are trying to bring HMP back, I have the up most respect for them and I applaud them for their time and efforts. In my opinion, there needs to be a class for stock V-8 cars. I think others would agree .Thats just my 2 pennies.

Maybe a lot of confusion is just in the name. CTS Street Stocks really are Limited Late Models so call them that and there is one class. Street Stocks can be between LLM and say what SAS Chargers were. That's what a Street Stock really is. There are two more classes. Again to start HMP has to see what they have to start with and go from there. There has to be a process and patience is key.

I appreciate the compliment and have much love for the old stock car class that use to run at HMP. I know the specific night/race that for the lack of a better anology put the nail in the coffin for what was then the HMP NASCAR "pro stocks".

The problem was never the passion of the drivers or who was winning. Your always gonna have a guy or two get on a good streak and win more often then others, thats just racing. One of the struggles in the class was having rules that were not inline with other tracks, dirt or asphalt.

I personally like the idea of a more open rules package which is the idea of the five flags speedway outlaw stocks or the similar what was the CTS super stocks. It allows to a larger variety of cars to be used. It allows for some creativity and is inclusive vs exclusive. However with that said if 25 cars show up to race as "stocks" (no matter what word precedes the word stock) and 20 of those cars are more like the "pro-stocks" and only 5 are of the "outlaw" type then I'd be willing to bet that the powers that be would take notice. I haven't personally spoke with Raymond or anyone associated with the upcoming races at HMP but from how I see it is that if the rules are more open then that umbrella covers potentially alot more cars. Yeah if you have an old stock car with a 305 that weighs 3500lbs it's probably not gonna be setting a new track record but its more then "legal" to run.

I was making changes in the way of CTS super stock rules on my car.Was good with those rules. But as for tires. Not going to spend that much ,just on tires alone with the hopes of having a season in 2018. Just can't justify it. Took a chance with f-75s. Shop full, now look. Why a tire change?.

This is the tire (Hoosier R750) that is used at multiple tracks in Florida and Alabama for modifieds,(Outlaw) super stocks, and trucks. This is probably why they went with this tire. My bet is if CTS would have opened this year they would have gone to this tire as well.

Archived