TRP is "GREAT" Again!

RacerX03

Congrat's to ALL of the staff, racers and the long list of sponsors at TRP. This is a well prepared family oriented track with a good field of cars in each of the classes. Close competetive racing thats full of excitement! Concessions were as advertised with a minimal wait time for obtaining a "Hot-Fresh-Juicy" burger. Facility is clean and well cared for with an environment that is top notch for all ages. Watched a multitude of smiling kids with their Easter baskets full. Some kids left with new bicycles and many others with different gifts and prizes. If your a racer or a race fan and haven't visited TRP you are missing out. Need to load up the family and lawn chairs and join the next event. Track offers the best Fan to Racer experience that I have seen anywhere do to the facilities easy access to both grand stands and pits. Really nice to be able to race a car, then catch the first lap of the very next race from your lawn chair or the stands with friends and family. Awesome job TRP.

Sir, thank you for your great words and for all you and your team does in supporting the track. When Tony Blankenship set out to tackle this mission, he wanted to make a place where racers want to come race, but also a place that was engaging for fans, especially kids, so that families would want to attend. He dug into his billfold and rolled the dice and things are heading in the right direction in this very tough business. Tony and several folks, worked their tails off in the months before opening night to get the track back in running condition and that included countless hours from volunteers. There will be some bumps, but it sure looks like the track operator has things moving in a great direction and to see the massive number of kids at the track hunting for eggs was about as heart-warming as it gets. Moving forward, it is important to note how extremely valuable your comments and comments like yours are to the operation of the race track. In reality, the track has about 10 hours in a months (2 nights x 5 hours per night) to make back money from the investment of roughly 80+ hours a month in prep time and then the expenses on the night of operation. So, in short, the support you and many others provide to the track is so helpful, and that includes the positives reinforcement noting that things are going in the right direction. Everyone, please keep spreading the word and invite everyone you know.

-Monty

Also the track surface was great.. much much smoother and had a lot of bite. Wanted to apologize again to the black and pink # 6 hope your car is ok. We had a good tight battle going and I had a brake failure which took both of us out on the last lap.. that was not my intent.

We also had an absolute blast on Saturday night. Man oh man, what a bunch of kids pursuing those Easter eggs... A big thank you to my one person army of a pit crew, Lauren Chamberlain. And it was kind of like turning the clock back about 10 years starting the feature on the front row along side Chris Shafer. Also enjoyed running several laps side-by-side with Michale Pesek. And, we christened the 57 body by kissing the wall after running so many laps on the high side, but not near as much damage as I was expecting. Was fun leading a bunch of laps while it lasted. And was please with the second place finish in the end. That Michale is on a roll this year. And, we sure have a good group in the street stock class. Very pleased to be in this class This is the stuff that dreams are made of. Ready for the next one

Archived