Good Start!

arob

Had a good time at Texana last night. Big crowd and good car count + or- (21, {17 in feature} Pure Stock , 17 Sportmod ,11 Modlite and 17 Street Stock ) made for some real good feature racing. Lots of people talk about the old days of racing. The atmosphere at TRP reminds me of that. Bring you lawn chairs and blankets to watch the races from the hill.Or from the front seats or grandstand.Concessions was good, fair priced and staff was hard working they were slammed all night.Best race track burger I've had btw.The neat thing was all the kids that were there.Good for the future and whoever thought of the school bus ride deal deserves special kuddos. Neat seeing their reaction.And then there is the announcer! Quite entertaining. Outside of the back straight lights going off at intermission I thought it was a great first night. Good job TRP staff. If are ever in the Edna area on race night I highly recommend a visit to Texana Raceway Park for a family friendly , fun night!

Becky will be posting full results within a day or so. Getting the systems down for post race info. And thank you for making the drive Arob. That school bus idea was the track operator (Tony Blankenship's) brainchild and it sure looks like it is spot on!.

Archived