Fields For Elite Non-Wing Sprints?

texasprd

I'm interested in coming to CBS for the first time, since the sprints will be there this weekend - I've seen ASCS (great shows), but have not seen a wingless sprint car show. It's an hour and 45 minute drive both ways, so before I drive that far, I'd like some idea that it's going to be worth my while. Does anyone have a feel for how many of these cars usually show up?

Maybe this will help anyone else who is trying to make a decision on attending come to a more informed decision.

Thanks!

I am not a sprint car fan personally. That being said the nonwings put on the best show at CBS last year that I've seen in a long time. I can't remember but think they had a full field. Leaders were slidejob city lap after lap. If we weren't racing I would be there and I live further than that to CBS.

I appreciate that info, but that isn't what I asked. If I want to see "a regular night", I'll go to I37 when it re-opens in a couple of weeks, save myself an hour of driving each way, and support my nearest track. I'm interested in going out of my area to Cottonbowl for the sprint cars - I just want to know what Nathan and sm44 consider to be a "full field". Thanks!

Archived