Racers! Do you have a racing nickname? How did you get it?

NickHolt

I'll start with "Gentleman" James Huff. Bestowed by Rodney Rodriguez. James has had a few other racing nicknames over the past 55 years, or so, but I better not go there.. LOL

Anyone who has ever raced with James knows exactly why Rodney gave him that title. A more considerate, clean racer would be hard to imagine. And just as considerate and caring off the track as well.

Nick

Hitech . came along back when I worked at dodge back in the late 80s and early 90s we had so many mikes working there they had to come up with something and seeing I raced and wore a cowboy hat at both work and racetrack or just anywhere I went ,that name derived from a song gorge jones put out .hitech red neck so everyone thought that was fitting as I also worked with four racers .lalo leal later gave me the nickname mexcanic from racing with Mexican americans and working on cars .at work I am called either that or grumpy ..along with many others names some call me bet you cant guess those ....hell I forget my real name a lot .

now nick maybe we should not go there but what is yours .

I have a fairly long list....LOL

But the two that seem to have stuck around the longest are:

1) Professor Nick - given to me by Rodney Rodriguez recognizing the racing suspension engineering seminars I offer.

2) Nick the Prick - well earned after 32 years of stock car officiating and 15 years moderating this site.

I could see where number two fits .I have used that term more than once and in some cases a tad bit more even made up some . you should be proud at some of the new wording you have created . . now I think your ok just misunderstood .seems trump has taken that over . man I just love to laugh at the all the stuff that pops up .

Archived