Pure Stock Rules for USMTS Event

Limiteds are pretty much on 2 sets of rules state wide. Usra or imca east of here approximately 25 track have gone to nesmith. I'm gonna say 20+ track runs factory stock and same rules across 2 states. Three classes that work and have a network of cars and rules that make it easier for racer as well as tracks.

Not pushing imca cause I think we are closer to other rule books than their rules but if you look at cotton bowl forum there isn't any rule debacle or questions all they need to know is which classes are running and they're good.

And that is exactly what the proponents of IMCA want to read.

• 2 weeks later...

Nick you are exactly right. We do this over and over again everywhere I go in the country. We start an entry level with absolutely stock parts. something like a Bomber. Then we allow racing shocks and wider tires because this is easier. So it becomes a Hobby Stock or Pure Stock. Then we allow racing springs and tubular uppers and lighter cars. So now they are a Street Stock. Then lets allow a larger carburetor, aluminum intake, cut off the rear of the frame and weight jacks. So now it is a Super Stock. After this we let tubular frames with stock stub front ends, quick changes and late model tires. Which makes it a Limited Late Model. And the evolution continues. Once a class becomes a stock stub, tube chassis car, it either dies as a class or evolves into a full blown late model. Why is it so hard to start with rules and maintain and continue those rules. As well as enforce the rules in place. Just my thought after 40 years involved in the sport. I love this sport, but we sometimes are our own enemy. Thanks for letting me get that out.

At least when you get to our class, im not sure there is anything else you can do to our class to evolve the cars anymore than what they are besides rack and pinon, aluminum wheels, open motors, 9 foot engine set back, carbon fiber drive shaft, aluminum birdcages on bearings, 1050 carb.........to move up you have to buy a full tube 4 link LM.... <_<:lol: ....otherwise our rules are done changing....I hope.. LMAO

Makes no difference. When racers aren't racing then they complaint 10 times more then when they are racing. Unfortunately most have got to complaint about something, so for this moment rules sounds like a good as any topic to bitch about as any. Write the rules upside down and see a whole new list of complainers. That is the #1 reason the sport is suffering not class rules. Rules have been changing since they started writing em. Suppliers and manufactures are constantly updating parts and technology to get around rules and all that does it drive prices up. People complain they cant find stock upper control arms as an example but bitch when it changes to tubular ones to make it an easy over the counter part to get. Its damn if you do or damn it you dont.

Archived