Brian France Just Grabbed The Last Box of Nails

PAPosse

Dirt track racing is true grass roots racing in the USA. The world is changing, but authentic dirt track racing such as we enjoy in Texas will thrive if allowed to stay authentic.

On the other hand, i believe oval asphalt track racing will be surpassed by "grass roots" road racing on asphalt courses.

For one thing, the sorts of cars typically seen on road courses are very much like the cars that are on the road today., The phenomenal success of the NASA organization (grass roots road racing is their forte) is a harbinger of things to come in the asphalt racing world.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on men you all know it will cycle back ..dirt racing took many years to build up enough interest down here to keep a track open .heck it was really hard to find a dirt car around here for sometime ..cc had a good hold on most racing ... many dirt tracks came and went by the way side here and some are having a really hard time keeping the show open even where a dirt car is a dime a dozen now and large car counts ..the fan base is one the problem cant get em into the stands .. and paved racing isn't dead just taking a nap ..

Not surprising that most of the complaints I hear are in regard to NASCAR Cup Series racing. It is the most popular form of motorsports despite declining attendance and lower TV ratings. You would think that the TV ratings would be up since fans are not showing up at the track like they used to.

In all fairness to NASCAR the attendance for their Cup events and the TV ratings are still good enough that most other sports would love to have them.

However I did see an article recently that listed the top 100 sporting events on TV in 2016. Not surprising is the fact that the Super Bowl is on top of the list. What is surprising is that NASCAR, not even the Daytona 500, did not make the list. And the Indianapolis 500, with the most interest shown in years last year, did not make the list.

Full article >>> http://www.thereporteronline.com/sports/20170213/saxton-nascar-not-affordable-for-fans-anymore

They only showed the exciting 15 minutes on wide world of sports. now you watch the whole race. In the famous 79 Daytona 500 the leaders wrecked on the last lap taking out the entire lead pack. Entire [Donnie Allison and Cale Yarborough]. Petty and foyt were so far back in 3rd that the other 2 had stopped safely on the grass by the time they went by. im sure Donnie and cale got top10 finishes also not completing the final lap. Must have been a real close race through out the field.

Back then a team could be more innovative and get by withsome of it . now the cars are the same ..remember sterling marlin kicking butt on big tracks in the 4 car ..if you remember the team built an exhault system that gave them the advantage power wise ..cant do that anymore . and yes there are more cars on the lead lap but it is still one or two cars out front ..that wont change ..I just don't like the chase type crud .a team that blows your doors all year long builds a big lead in points is all for not ,,,dale and petty and Gordon and terry won those championships with good runs good luck and good teams through out the season down to the last race ... after thinking bout what nascar has done this year with segments .I say ok that will make everyone race harder every race ..but with a cost of creating more wrecks ..

Did you see all the fans in the stands for the clash race yesterday. I turned it over when it started well they were doing pace laps then I changed back to ESPN 30 for 30 on the XFL. That was more enteraining than a NASCAR race.

Wow! 45% decline! You can bet advertisers are noticing. I wish they would bring back Thursday Night Thunder at Indianapolis Raceway Park (if it is still operating). That was great racing ! Oh Fox News is going to do a report on NASCAR. Probably repeating this article.

I could go for some Thursday Night thunder again. Definitely would have to change it up as pavement midget and sprint car racing has really fell by the wayside in the last couple of years. If they could do Thursday night non wing sprints at Kokomo or Lawrenceburg now that would be a show. The only channel that would probably pick it up though is MavTv as I just don't think ESPN has any want to do motorsports anymore.

Here is what I know about nascar. There was no Daytona. There was no alstar race . there was no brick yard . there was hardly no racing on tv . I can go on and on. But now their is. Watch or don't watch it your choice. Everything comes to a end one way or the other. Even football makes changes to the game.

Let me just throw this out there what is going to happen to NASCAR when the big name drivers who are the draw retire. There is an interesting article in Speed Sport about Dale Jr returning and that NASCAR needs its signature driver more than ever.

nascar has the same problem locals have in many ways .....they tried things to build the fan base of the future with the bs crap they do starting few years back .and have not succeeded in their quest .what they did do was run millions of us off that were the back bone fans that built nascar .we the old fans were the ones bringing in the young and new fans .no you say .. well the old fans I call them don't walk into my work or out and about saying things like man that was a good race around folks that did not pay attention to nascar till then .there were more nascar short tracks as well to boot ...retired drivers has been with nascar from the start so one big deal to me was a really great local racer wont even have a chance like they use to unless they have a ton of money to bring with em .the dale sr blue collar die hards are finding other things to do ..

I get up this morning go to check into the races last night, honestly I didn't watch them and pretty much forgot about them till I saw something on my Facebook page. So I login to Yahoo!, scroll through the whole first page only see something about fans outraged about the Monster Girl outfits (more on that in a second). I click on the Sports tab start scrolling through that finally get to a story about racing and its about Ferrari's new F1 car. The only way I could find out what happened last night was had to click on the NASCAR tab which was hidden under the other category. I remember when the Budweiser or Gatorade Twin 125's where sometimes better than the actual 500 itself. Only 2 count that 2 cars failed to make the race. Daytona used to have 50+ cars trying to make the field not anymore.

Monster Girl outfits outraging fans because there to revealing, are you kidding me what would these fans done in the late 80's early 90's when it was the norm to have bikini clad trophy girls. If that right there does not show you there is a problem in NASCAR your just blind to the problem. No one bitches about the Monster girls in Supercross or the grid girls at F1 or Moto GP. But cream puff NASCAR fans lose there minds over a leather outfit showing some cleavage with a mini skirt.

Good article ..... http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2017/02/24/nascar-cup-series-racing-television-deals-viewership-decline/98342534/ ....... I can understand the segment deal now. Most viewers probably watch the first and last 25 laps or so of an event.Combine that with the middle of a race tends to be the most boring this is looking more and more to be a good idea at least give it a chance. Personally I think the races are too long. Its hard for anything to hold folks attention past 2 or 3 hours.Maybe shorten the season to 30 races. The other main factor which is out of NASCARS control is economics.Used to be fans would travel several hundred miles to and event. Given NASCAR's fan base was probably the most affected by the recent economy this is no longer possible.I would think for food,lodging,fuel and tickets for a family of 4 ( 2 adults 2 kids) could easily set you back $1500 or more. Hopefully NASCAR can at least stop dropping.

Archived