Brian France Just Grabbed The Last Box of Nails

PAPosse

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember NASCAR\'s Car of Tomorrow? The "COT" represented the last time the sanctioning body of the nation\'s biggest motorsport tried to improve the safety and competitiveness of its on-track product and hold onto its dwindling share of audience.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nascars-racing-format-suicide-mission-191234892.html

NASCAR sold out to the sponsors years ago....about the same time the fans stopped planning vacations around a NASCAR weekend, about the same time they (NASCAR) started eliminating seating on the back straight and hung banners across the empty seats, about the same time when you turned around another circus type race show was being televised.

The good old days ... a lot of fans miss those days, todays young fans can only associate NASCAR racing with a circus atmosphere....yep, that's what they will remember as the good old days.

Here's your answer to the TV contract, and Tim you were a little off on your TV contract amount. It's not 8 billion its 2.6 billion.

Heres the contract lengths:

FOX/FS1 (16 races through 2024)

NBC/NBCSN/USA (20 races through 2024)

With the current direction nascar is headed they will not be able to get a hot dog stand owner to sponsor them after 2024 A little over dramatic here I know ..yep the money looks great for now and still have a show but looking in the future of racing from this day forward tracks shutting down now the lack of interest the young generation we have now is just going to get worst for racing .the writing is on the wall nothing is fell safe . if you look at NFL .BASEBALL .and some other sports they are having problems .tv viewership is heading on a downward spiral .

Think bout this .nascar was more popular when Winston was sponsoring their shows a strong relationship with bill sr and jr .brian takes over and Winston pulled out .maybe brian showed Winston the future they did not like .... more bout the money . nascar lost some flavor to me with Winston pulled out . use to be a day when you could mention this track or that track was under the Winston cup banner and folks would say hey I want to go that race track now they just walk away ..my work was filled with people coming in and saying man that was a great nascar race sunday I want to go to a race so bad but until I can afford too ill keep getting out the bbq pit and turn on the tube ..as for local racing it was the same.. conversations from folks walking in everyday got me in trouble sometimes with the boss . and now maybe once a week if I am lucky someone will ask me if we are still racing or when is the season going to start or is their a track still running here .and surprised we have a dirt track . we have had car shows in the years past and fans show up wanting to get a pic with the car .now a lot fewer stop by or just give a passing look ..when grass roots local racing falters the birth of future nascar fans drop . when nascar falters the future of local racing fades . they need each other to grow or both will die ..

In fairness HiTech, there were a lot of political things going on in Washington DC that caused Winston to pull out. I think they had to. There was a new round of advertising bans being put into place. That is why all of the tobacco car sponsorships (Skoal, Levi Garrett, Camel, etc) went away.

It really put a hurting on the sport at all levels.I think the effect was masked some because the economy was still good at the time and companies like Nextel were ready to step in.

I hate having to defend Brian, but losing Winston wasn't his fault.

With crash avoidance.

That would be cool. Like big magnets. Positive field on the left side and inner wall, negative on the right and outside wall. No crashes. You haul wide open in to the turn and the magnetic field would rotate the car for you. Never have to lift.

I can't wait till 2024.

With crash avoidance.

That would be cool. Like big magnets. Positive field on the left side and inner wall, negative on the right and outside wall. No crashes. You haul wide open in to the turn and the magnetic field would rotate the car for you. Never have to lift.

I can't wait till 2024.

It might resa-wrecked some careers.

Sorry in advance.

HiTech, you have probably forgotten more than I will ever know about racecars. No disrespect intended sir. :-)

One thing is for sure. The Nascar sanction with Winston sponsoring almost guaranteed you were going to see a good weekly show. Not to mention, those All-Pro Late Model days in the early 90's were something else - I wish I had been around the South to see more of it.

I was stationed in Biloxi Mississippi and usually spent the first few weekends in March chasing them around Mobile, Pensacola, Montgomery, Birmingham and Huntsville. Great times.

well one thing is for sure paposse you can always go to a local track somewhere and still see some grass root racing .still have to race for points race after race and still find a driver team who does not have the dollar power or need it to win races where no two cars are that identical .. .. added I VERY SELDOM TAKE anything serious on here and do not think anything you have to say will be disrespectful towards me .I have a very fine sense of humor .

Here's your answer to the TV contract, and Tim you were a little off on your TV contract amount. It's not 8 billion its 2.6 billion.

Heres the contract lengths:

FOX/FS1 (16 races through 2024)

NBC/NBCSN/USA (20 races through 2024)

The new contract is worth 8 bbbbbbbbbbbbbbiiiiillion

NASCAR on television and radio
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The television and radio rights to broadcast NASCAR on television and radio are one of the most expensive rights of any American sport, with the current television contract with Fox Sports and NBC Sports being worth around US$8 billion.

I have to sside with Tim here, though those arent't the paragraphs I would have cited.

FOX and NBC Edit

On October 15, 2012, NASCAR and the Fox Sports Media Group (FSMG) announced a new $2.4 billion eight-year deal, a 30% increase from their previous deal.[15] On July 23, 2013, NASCAR and the NBC Sports Group announced a new $4.4 billion ten-year deal.[16][17][18] Ten days later on August 1, 2013, NASCAR and Fox extended and expanded their agreement, paying an additional $1.4 billion to do so, to complete NASCAR's new TV package through the 2024 season.[19][20] NBC reportedly bid over 50% more than ESPN and Turner for their portion of the package, despite Turner and ESPN expressing interest about continuing their relationship with NASCAR.[21]

Ok I stand corrected, I saw that on Wikipedia but sometimes have a hard time believing Wikipedia do to the fact anyone can add info to the wiki pages and I have seen some false material on there before. I went to jayski and pulled that info just didn't pull all the info.

10 4 there. It is amazing to read the financials of these tracks and see the revenue generated from television and radio. What an amazing economic impact Nascar has to the economy. Thanks NASCAR, you keep hundreds of thousands of people working. THe impact is huge

Don't blame you Josh, I almost said the same thing. Wikipedia isn't a legitimate source as far as many colleges are concerned for the very reason you stated.

I use wikipedia as a starting point, then go to the citations for reference. Sometimes you find sources on there that you may have missed otherwise.

Anyone read the latest headline on racingnews.com? " Dirt track racing a threat to NASCAR?" i said it a long time ago when nascar started down this path...they are going to have to go to a saturday night racing type format to help with the show and its going to price itself out of everything that will make dirt racers go back to the roots.....I could be wrong but like an old 80s hairband...the past will always come around stronger.....jmo which aint worth crap 99% of the time... lmao

Archived