23571race

Here's a look at the 2017 South Texas Speedway Racing Schedule. We will be running Limited Modifieds, Pure Stocks, Street Stocks, Emod's, Limited Late Models plus Go Karts.
Action Begins on Saturday April 1st with the Sames Ford Season opener and continues with every other week action culminating with the South Texas Shootout November 16th-18th

post-3-0-09868900-1484197325_thumb.jpg

Arguing about stuff already? Come on folks. Let's be grateful the track is opening whether your particular class is running or not. Instead of getting on the social media and crying about stuff, let's stay positive and keep our complaints off FB and here. I'm sure the track is doing the best they can, but if you have issues, why not contact the track directly or send a PM or an email or give them a call?

Nick

Just let be grateful that STS is running in 2017 season. I ran the whole 2016 season last year in the sport compact class and I supported every race we had. I have one time where I was there but my car broke down on the track I couldn't even start the feature the one time. If we want to go up a class then we can do that and still be a racer out there and we will be supporting the track. I am happy to see we will running in the 2017 season.

Debbie Metcalf

#94DG

The problem with the sc class is not everyone shows up people have the cars but would rather sit in the stands and behind a screen complaining about the class being dropped. The track should give them a chance they deserve it, the carcount was up and seemed to be improving. I say give them a few nights and if they don't show drop em.

Once again, let's be thankful we have a place to race even if our particular needs are not being met right away.

Face it, Ken has taken on what most of us would not. I can't imagine what he had to go through last season with all the weather issues and more recently trying to resolve a huge financial roadblock. But here he is, back in the saddle and sticking his neck way out there for us.

So why get on social media or forums and complain about this or that? It is absolutely not a wise strategy and is hurting racing in Texas more than anyone realizes.

I will be monitoring the STS forum more than usual and I will be deleting posts that even look like it's opening the door for an attack on Ken or the track.

Nick

Congratulations to STS on deciding to remain open another year. Texas cant really afford another track closing if racing as a family sport is to survive. I wish you great success overcoming the obstacles that have thwarted so many in the past. Now there's no reason to not support your endeavors

On a personal note its no surprise to see the demise of 4 cyl cars at this track. Its has become the normal to eliminate mini stocks from the regular show in Texas.Its has had little support since its inception in 2011. I don't feel the track will notice our absence financially. Some will move to another series and some will find other recreation endeavors. No series can survive without a minimum of support from the establishment and the players. It would be like throwing a seed on concrete and hoping it would grow. STS has enough on their plate to not need this added responsibility. Many will be happy now thinking we did not fit the usual parameters. Perhaps one day when the facility is reaping great success you might again consider adding some form of small cars.

It was a pleasure to have been a part of STS for the last 5 years and a big Thank You is in order. Keep the engines screaming and the rubber burning.

As a fan I am happy the track is still here. And I still think STS is going to keep getting better. Sadly cutting classes is part of the equation. I know the bomber car count is low now but so was the E-Mods when it started and look at them now. I wish other tracks would start an E-Mod class as it has turned into a very entertaining class.If the bombers don't grow at the same pace as E-Mod it should be dropped.I gotta give Ken a tip of the hat for trying different things.Some worked out, some didn't.At least he found out.STS is a challenging place to run. There is a lot going on and so much to be done and we all want it done now. Even I know it doesn't work that way. Nick is right. You need people pulling the same way. You are always going to get those pulling the opposite way.The trick is to keep those numbers small. Thank you to all involved with STS to keep it going. May the Force be with you in 2017 and beyond.

Yeah my cage is very very well built...im not worried at all about getting tore up and mostly just want to be able to race it...if i had the means of buying a bomber i would but i dont so i will race what i have...they were worried about that the night that i did run with them but i know that my car can handle it

Archived