RodneyRodriguez

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It appears the previous lease holder is selling everything they own which was related to the operation of the business but not owned by the property owner. Probably no surprise there. So if someone wanted to lease the place to run as a race track, they would start with only the shell of what what it takes to run the business. If that person was out there, my guess is that SAS would still be running. Sad day for Texas asphalt racing, but the handwriting is on the wall folks. I guess the good news is that TX dirt track racing should really flourish, and the E coast programs should get a nice bump also.

I fully support every Texas track still in operation and wish them all the best, always have. Looking forward to racing at a few of these this season with DCRST. Will say though that being a die hard ass-fault guy this is like a kick in the nuts.

It will all be good and 2017 will be a great season look forward to seeing you all soon.

I believe that STS, Texana, and I37 have streetstock rules allow trucks and crate motors. Last weekend at the I37 meeting they pretty much decided to go with th street stock shootout rules. But check with all three to make sure that I'm not misinforming you.

Haven't felt things were being done in good faith since this whole thing started. Too bad, but the true colors (and negativity) of the previous owner, operator, promoter, tenant, or whatever they were are on full display. I recently relocated to awesome Texas and being an avid asphalt short track fan I am very disappointed to say the least. I feel especially bad for the way all the drivers and teams have been treated. Essentially they all got dumped and permanently DQ'ed. (Unless I missed something along the way.).

NASKART Pro Racing Fans and anyone wanting to get into the series....Right now Central Texas Speedway has full running karts that we run in the series....for sale from $900.00 to $1,500.00 and that is negotiable....If you cant go oval racing....and still wanna race...this is a great way to do it!! SO THINK ABOUT IT!!
Contact Chris Baker at CTS or call 210-584-3210 or 512-496-4371...but HURRY...they wont last long! And our full season schedule is out!!

Let's see if you can turn right too? :-)

http://www.lonestarspeedzone.com/topic/72735-naskart-pro-racing-fans-and-anyone-wanting-to-get-into-the-series/

97 the shark will just sit and collect dust .to bad the car and driver were going to be faster this year after a season of learning this car and its new set up ..it isn't even close to being a dirt car maybe a road course car with some tweaks but . we are just going to run the three dirt cars for now ..

as for cody beddoe your dad was great on dirt a natural and you are a natural just like him ...you will learn fast and fall right in with the rest ...

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't felt things were being done in good faith since this whole thing started. Too bad, but the true colors (and negativity) of the previous owner, operator, promoter, tenant, or whatever they were are on full display. I recently relocated to awesome Texas and being an avid asphalt short track fan I am very disappointed to say the least. I feel especially bad for the way all the drivers and teams have been treated. Essentially they all got dumped and permanently DQ'ed. (Unless I missed something along the way.).

I have known Tim Self for quite a while and contrary to your speculation, I honestly believe it all came down exactly as he said. After launching Austin Wayne's NASCAR career, and after a lot of work developing sponsorship relationships, a deal came up late in the NASCAR season that was a turning point in his NASCAR program. He couldn't turn it down. He soon realized that he would need his trusted AM Racing staff that were essentially running the CTS racing program to support his new deal. With no one left to run the CTS program, he terminated the lease with the landowner.

He could have left it right there, packed up and put a notice on the gate. Instead, he called a few of us (me, Rodney Rodriguez and Jerry Spencer) to coordinate prospective new lessors with the landowner. Both Rodney and I sent folks over, but the landowner seems determined to do something else with the property. Not Tim's fault if the landowner turned down some possible lease holders.

That's the truth as I know it and I will be deleting or editing any other posts that publicly attack Mr. Self's integrity.

Rodney, correct me if I'm misstating anything here.

Nick

Just to ad a note in regards to the karts that are being sold . I bought all the racing suits, helmets, neck braces and helmet socks. I have an ad in the classified section of speedzone with this stuff listed. I'm not trying to make money , just looking to come out with a couple of helmets and gloves for my motorcycle riding. Along with the karts being sold it's an inexpensive way to race.

I have known Tim Self for quite a while and contrary to your speculation, I honestly believe it all came down exactly as he said. After launching Austin Wayne's NASCAR career, and after a lot of work developing sponsorship relationships, a deal came up late in the NASCAR season that was a turning point in his NASCAR program. He couldn't turn it down. He soon realized that he would need his trusted AM Racing staff that were essentially running the CTS racing program to support his new deal. With no one left to run the CTS program, he terminated the lease with the landowner.

He could have left it right there, packed up and put a notice on the gate. Instead, he called a few of us (me, Rodney Rodriguez and Jerry Spencer) to coordinate prospective new lessors with the landowner. Both Rodney and I sent folks over, but the landowner seems determined to do something else with the property. Not Tim's fault if the landowner turned down some possible lease holders.

That's the truth as I know it and I will be deleting or editing any other posts that publicly attack Mr. Self's integrity.

Rodney, correct me if I'm misstating anything here.

Nick

Maybe some truth in there Nick. But I don't think you were given 100% of the story either. I don't believe all truth is known, other than CTS is done. But, If I had to bet, that lawsuit that one of our good racing buddies has going didn't help anything. I'm willing to bet that's why the land owner is done.

Mike's probably got a pretty good handle on it. From what I understand, even the land owner was included in the suit. Also, if you haven't noticed, they have quarried the rock right up to the back fence. My guess, rock pays more than a race track and rock doesn't sue.

Mike's probably got a pretty good handle on it. From what I understand, even the land owner was included in the suit. Also, if you haven't noticed, they have quarried the rock right up to the back fence. My guess, rock pays more than a race track and rock doesn't sue.

Ya Rusty, but I'm pretty sure one of those blood suckers would represent the rock.

Not trying to start anything but a question I have has to do with the storm damage. I drive by there pretty frequent and the more I looked at it the more things don't add up to me. IF it was some kind of F1 tornado or just shear straight-line winds the damage does not add up to me. The sign blown down, damage to the press box, jerry's tire building and the turn 1 suite things, to do the extent of damage that was done to them there would have been some kind of damage to the metal buildings as well at least some of the metal panels bent up or something. There should have been some kind of damage to the car lot or the buildings next to the track and there is nothing. If the winds were high and hard enough to move the press box and suits how come it didn't do any damage to the concession stand and bathrooms. I know tornadoes do some funny things but the proximities and locations of stuff that messed up to stuff that wasn't doesn't make sense to me. Now all of those buildings will have to be replaced and repaired, and with everything that will have to be done they will have to come up to code which is going to cost someone a lot of money and that can be a used as a deterrent by a land owner. I may be wrong on all of this but it just doesn't add up and with what's being said by others here, it sounds as if CTS is done for good and this might be just a head start to things.

Josh,

Think you might be reading too much into the cause of the damage at CTS. It was storm-caused rather than human-caused. But it does seem like the damage would indeed be an impediment to anyone looking to lease the track for stock car racing.

While it would not take as much money to bring CTS back to life as it would for San Antonio Speedway to be re-born, the right person with the right bank account and a huge love of the sport would be needed to get the job done.

Right now, Houston Motorsports Park and CC Speedway are the two most likely spots for an investor to be interested in....

Nick

josh don't know how many tornado or twisters you have seen I have seen a few ..1970 celia storm in cc we watched a 1969 olds station wagon get lifted up and move across the drive way and sat back down as if it was parked there not one scratch ... their were many weird things going on in that storm we saw ....my sister during Katrina as daylight awoke looked out of her front door and block after block of houses were destroyed by a tornado or tornado's leading all the way to the four houses on her section. her house was in the loop only a few broken limbs .she never figured out how those four houses were still standing when every house around was gone ..I watched a twister shoot down and go back up over the high school in mathis twice with end maybe 2 seconds that fast ...so ill will never question what weather can do ..nothing will surprise me .

Been a part of a couple and have also done a lot of research on them as I am intrigued by the weather and especially tornadoes. I have seen a F5 destroy a house and leave a china cabinet standing and not one single cup or plate broken or scratched. Like I said in the above post I know tornadoes do funny things but I was at my house which is 3 miles away and I know what the wind was clocked at and what it did in our neighborhood and it just didn't make sense. Like Nick said I may be reading into it to much.

Archived