RodneyRodriguez

First of all Nick and I would like to thank everyone for the positive feedback we are receiving as we work to keep our community in the loop with what is happening over in Kyle.

As mentioned earlier this week from the conversations that have come about the landowner is about to begin conversations and negotiations with a new possible tenant on the property, I did find out and will tell you all that these details will all begin after the holidays.

While this seems like a delay I can tell you this is really not the best time to try and broker a deal like this so I want to just ask everyone to be patient. I can assure you that the land owner wants to have racing continue, pretty much makes sense doesn't it? If/when that agreement is made that is when we can begin preparation for 2017 but remember there are lots of details to work out but most importantly from every indication the racing phase of Central Texas Speedway continuing is a goal for everyone involved. The beauty is there are race dates published and rules from 2016 in place so the foundation is there.

Remember, Nick and I have been at this a long time (he much longer than me lol) and we will shoot you all straight. Good or bad we will tell what we know or are working on. Remember I have a nice/fast hot rod in the chute and Mr Holt has a growing series so we are still racers too.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all I want for xmas is four left turns four new tires 8 new pistons 16 new valves 8 gallons of fuel 1000 screaming fans a couple checker flags .a cts hamburger .18 hours at the tack and travel ..a couple pissed off drivers I could do with out .. dear santa make my wish come true ..

Been getting some questions about the "delay" for anything whatsoever to happen before the 1st of the year.

Keep in mind that the landowner is calling the shots and whatever direction he decides to take is his decision. And right now he's wanting to deal with the lease stuff after the holidays. Fair enough in my mind, anyway.

Also keep in mind that the landowner will be looking to make the lease agreement with a company/group/organization that has experience in putting on events, concerts, rodeos, fairs, etc, rather than someone exclusively from the "racing side." The races would be one of many events the new lease holder would be putting out there for the public as I understand it.

Just wanted to make that a bit more clear since I have been getting quite a number of questions lately.

Nick

As a person that just leased a track let me tell you it takes a lot if work and lots of behind the scenes legwork. With CTS being what it is everyone needs to be patient and let the behind the scenes work out. Nick has taken on an impossible task being the middle man, I wouldn't want that job. Good luck to all the racers and all the people working on the deal.

Joe

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rodney and I have been informed that there are two "suitors" for the lease, but we do not know the status of whatever talks may be taking place. We would love to give more information, but we are not going to make stuff to fill the void....

However, when folks get on social media and make negative comments, it helps absolutely nothing and probably hurts instead. Of course we all want to go racing at CTS, but at this point it's time to be patient and stay positive.

Nick

Rodney and I have not received any communication from any official source since our last update on January 29 in which we were told that there were two suitors talking with the land owner at that time.

The "No Longer In Business" message on the CTS Website was a surprise to Rodney and me, so we have emailed Tim Self to seek some sort of clarification as to what the announcement actually means in terms of the future of CTS as a racing facility.

It could simply mean that the previous CTS organization has ceased to operate, which is no surprise since that's what this whole thing is about. If so, then nothing has changed since January 29. But since Rodney and I do not know that for a fact, we are asking Tim for some clarification.

Please continue to be patient. I know it's hard not to express frustration with the current state of things, but we're asking that things stay calm.

Thanks.

Nick

What I do know is that last weekend was the final weekend for karting, so that is most likely the case there, which I think could have been worded better.

As Nick mentioned there has not been a mention to him, me or anyone that I know of as to what the landowner's plan may be at this point

Any news good or bad regarding what information is directed to us will be posted here.

I guess CTS has the right to sell their stuff, but this sure doesn't fit what we were hoping was going to happen. Very disappointed to say the least.

I agree with Rodney. It doesn't look good for racing at CTS in 2017.

Nick

well everyone is on need to know and I suppose no one needs to know ,,not tying to be a a## here or trying to start a bunch of sh@t .but have not seen one word from the previous managers bout thanks to everyone who has supported cts over the last few years or did I miss that somewhere ......

Archived