RodneyRodriguez

true josh 42.. I am like you learned to read weather in boyscouts yeppers . charley saint john a local weatherman from way back would come over all the time and spend time teaching us ..a lesson well learned it has saved my life a time or two ...and he told us you will never figure out and will not always understand and will always be amazed how mother nature works go with the flo .

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I talked to Mr colemans son,the property owners, around the time of the banquet. I was simply looking to see what it would take to lease the place because i had a couple people contact me asking. He said he would pass my number along to his father but his dad didn't have intentions of the racetrack continuing. Obviously that's been a few weeks ago and i haven't received any phone calls. I told the people that contacted me to try hmp.

Going to agree with Brad.. if there are folks wanting to do something with pavement racing HMP probably going to be the best bet, as it should be.

Not really sure what all went down there with Kyle but seems pretty clear the property owner has other plans for the property; thing to remember is that parcel already pretty valuable as I study the real estate market daily that trend will continue to rise so our days were probably numbered any how.

Good luck to everyone this season look forward to seeing y'all out and about.

The landowner says it's not worth the lawsuits. And it's easier to sell dirt than to worry about getting sued.jmo

Realfast, did you speak to the landowner yourself, or is this something you got from someone else? So far, none of the folks I sent over to talk with the landowner about the lease have mentioned a thing about any lawsuit. Each has said that the landowner has "other plans" for the property, or words to that effect.

Nick

I heard it from somebody that was trying to to workout something for the lease with landowners. And why would the landowners want to do something else with the property if it's like free money. He don't have to mess with anything and get a check every month. Unless he could be getting sued and then it's not worth the little money that he is making when he could have something else in its place and not have to worry about it.

some keep pointing to a lawsuit .what reason for a lawsuit ..now I am not a lawyer .but if a lawsuit is already ongoing closing down the track and destroying it wont change anything ..like i said not a lawyer if someone else is and can explain that would be nice .

Well bottom line is- what difference at this point does it make. (I think I've heard that somewhere before.) It hurts to see a track close . Especially a track that had the car count and support CTS had. But as Rodney said CTS days were probably numbered anyway given the rapid growth in the area.

I stand in the turns at our local track .knowing even though that rail and fence are there .I must have some common sense to know it isn't a perfect place to stand .anything at anytime can happen there is not a safe of place when something can fly off go over that fence or through it even a nut or bolt can kill you .. so I take the chance with that in mind and never do I get too comfortable . i can not blame the track for not having a sign telling me not to stand there and even if they did I still stood there .. I have stood many times over the years at this track where all this took place .knowing as I do at our local track I am looking down the barrel of a gun hoping it isn't loaded . that car racing around that track is the bullet which direction is it going to go and that you cant always be sure of .. .if I am on the jury good luck winning the case .I agree with closer

Saturday afternoon, 3:14 pm March 18. The press box and stuff is what ain't in this picture. Also, while on the service road between the intersection with Yarrjngton and the track entrance, there are three new curb cuts leading to the field in front of the track.
Ya'll can draw your own conclusions...

post-3-0-12299700-1489897269_thumb.jpg

Seems like the land owner was waiting for the right time to pull the plug /maybe get a tax right off to boot ..or may have had someone wanting to build something else there ...or the city has let them know it is going to get harder and more costly to keep the track under code and noise ..who knows but one thing is if the track is being torn down and dug up it isn't just because they need the land for the pit id bet ..

I drove by yesterday and now the blenchers in txtom picture is gone. Sadly I believe it is coming apart slowly but surely. the building are still but I guess we will see for how long.

Archived