2016 Awards Banquet is back on thanks to Rachel Plant

Unfortunately we will be cancelling the 2016 Awards Banquet that is scheduled for January at Central Texas Speedway. If you were to be receiving an award, they will be mailed to you towards the end of January to the beginning of February so please let us know if your address has changed. If you have already purchased tickets for this event, the money will be refunded this week.

Banquet is back on thanks to Rachel Plant

For info, click here >>>> http://www.lonestarspeedzone.com/topic/72405-cts-banquet-is-baaaaack-details-here-set-for-jan-21/

ill clear this up some .a lot of teams that work hard spend their money and sponsors money .then finish in the top will not be able to enjoy the fruits of their season with those who backed them in a BANQUET sitting . as done every year where they can first thank the sponsors take forever lasting moments in time pictures visit show their sponsors and team spirits to all who attend .so I can see the previous management must not pass up the opportunity of a life time to join nascar .I feel they let those who put forth the efforts to race are left standing on the sideling and some may say no problem but that does not make it right.... now maybe they can not attend and maybe cant do it at the track .but surely they could have someone stand in and have it somewhere else ..even at a lesser event as it would have been at the track ..my point is they at least gave it some thought maybe work something out before we are sorry ... the right thing to have done ..imo...now my son and I did not bring a car this year except the last race .but we did run in tps races this year and that in itself has their own banquet ...so I have nothing to lose or gain by not having a banquet..... maybe I should say nothing and maybe I don't have the right too ..I just feel bad for those who wanted their party ....

It is what it is - at least at this point in time. Expressing our disappointment on here really change things, so I'm asking that we keep things as positive as possible as we go through this situation.

Thanks.

Nick

Why not find a banquet room at a near by hotel and have the banquet there? Nick and Rodney could take the bull by the horns and make it happen. CTS dosen't need to be involved.

Maybe Rodney has the time, expertise and financial resources to plan, finance and produce a fitting banquet, but I'm not able to pull that off, Big G.... Why don't you give it a whirl?

Nick

Why not find a banquet room at a near by hotel and have the banquet there? Nick and Rodney could take the bull by the horns and make it happen. CTS dosen't need to be involved.

Maybe Rodney has the time, expertise and financial resources to plan, finance and produce a fitting banquet, but I'm not able to pull that off, Big G.... Why don't you give it a whirl?

Nick

I am just like you Nick, that's why I think Rodney needs to get this going. Dick's Classic Garage would be the perfect place. They were a sponsor at CTS at one time and would probably donate the space.

Once Rodney gets the ball in motion, I am sure a lot of racers will want to get involved in order to make it a really cool banquet that everyone will always remember.

Hello all there are some great people in the racing community and a couple of them are busting their hump to help get this together. I am hardly a social event planner but thank God there are people in my sphere that are.

Just as with the racing stay tuned and we will work on some details to get a plan together.

It is a pretty simple deal to put on the banquet.

First line up a nice banquet room, like Dick's Classic Car Garage.( get a price to rent it and set a date).

Second arrange for catering from Salt Lick BBQ. This is the coolest deal because they provide everything from the linen table cloths to real dinner plates and silverware plus it is all you can eat of the best BBQ in Texas. The staff is dressed in nice clean uniforms and are really professional.

Figure out what the total cost will be and divide that into the number of people attending. That gives you the price for a ticket.

Require everyone to purchase their ticket by a set date ( like 2 weeks prior to the event) and then you will have the money needed to pay for the Banquet hall and catering in advance.

The rest is just giving out the awards etc. This formula will give everyone a proper Banquet and be a good way to wind up the season.

I hear that someone is actually working on holding a CTS awards banquet as I type. And I also hear that it is tentatively planned for the same date as the original date.... but, don't hold me to this. It is all very unofficial at this point.

Don't give up hope, folks! There are people trying their best to make things happen.

Nick

If you missed the announcement on The Revved Up Sports Show tonight, the scheduled CTS Banquet is back on. Same date January 21, 2017. New site which will be announced next week but is within minutes of CTS. Awards will be presented from the track as planned and the agenda will be much the same. Please thank "The Picture Taker" Rachel Plant for taking this task by the horns and re-constructing this event as well as putting forth time and money to make this happen.

As prior there will be tickets available for purchase and if you had already purchased admission that will be handled. Venue details coming next week as well as times/agenda. As mentioned patience is appreciated and as you see with this good things happen.

The news came out last night on Rodney and Bobby's talk show that I am working on planning a banquet for the drivers, crew, sponsors and fans of CTS for the 2016 season and that is true! This banquet will be similar to those you have attended at the track in previous years but this year we are welcoming the Lone Star Legacy Series to join us as well! I can not disclose a location yet because the lease for the venue has not been signed and can't be until next week so look for an official announcement to come out then and tickets will go on sale as well. I am planning at this point on keeping the cost at $25 per person and it will be held on January 21st. CTS will be providing us the awards so if you earned one for this season, they will be handed out at the event! If you have any questions, please reach out to me directly through Facebook: Rachel Plant or Rachel Plant, "Picture Taker" Email: rachelplant4@gmail.com or phone or text: (512) 738-2533

Archived