Central Texas Speedway looking for a new tenant for 2017 and beyond

NickHolt

By now you may have heard the rumor that Central Texas Speedway is shutting down for 2017, but, at this point, anyway, the rumor is only partially true.

After a chat with Tim Self, who holds the current least on the CTS property, I feel comfortable sharing the following.

Tim informed me that a some key CTS staff, including Matt Donovan and Meredith Murray, are also key members of the AM Racing organization which manages Austin Wayne Self's NASCAR Truck program. Those folks are now needed full time on the AM Racing program and will not be available to manage Central Texas Speedway in 2017 and beyond. That means that a new tenant will need to be found to take over the CTS lease before racing can resume at the 3/8-mile, d-shaped paved oval since Tim and his AM Racing folks will be exclusively focused on the NASCAR program.

"We sincerely regret any inconvenience caused by the short notice, it wasn’t planned," Self said this afternoon. "An opportunity was just recently presented and we took it. Now we intend to reallocate all of our CTS resources toward our NASCAR Program. We will make every reasonable effort to facilitate continuity in the CTS Racing Program."

Tim, as most of you know, has held the lease for CTS grounds for the past several years and has made major improvements to the grounds and facility during his tenure. And, as we all know, the racing program at the track has been on the upswing ever since Tim took over. But due to the commitment he has made to AM Racing, Tim will be unable to continue as the leaseholder.

Tim is hopeful that Chris Saathoff and Brad Bush will be able to work with the landowner to secure a new lease holder who will be "racing friendly" and that racing can continue at the track in 2017 and beyond.

I really don't have much more information than what I have shared.

At this point we should be grateful for all that Tim and his staff have done for the Texas stock car racing community and give Chris and Brad whatever support you can.

Nick

Know anyone with an understanding of and a love of racing who might be willing to financially back the track going forward? PM me or Rodney Rodriguez with with any suggestions since it's not nice to put names out there for all the world to see. Thanks.

My cell is 210-415-1251. Email is nick.lssz@gmail.com

Rodney's is 512-300-4445. His Email is RodneyRodriguez722@gmail.com

Nick

Rodney and I are working together with Chris and Brad to do our best to keep the place open. We both have contact information on here. None of us have the resources to make it happen. It's going to take someone with a love or racing who is willing to invest over the long haul.

Nick

Nick Holt,

I hope you have the ability to hold the online traffic data on this post for sellability...... 350 online users reading this topic at one time. Obviously there is great core interest in the longevity of the facility.

I hope to see success and partnering for all those with a vested interest in Texas Asphalt racing.

Sure do hate to hear this news about C.T.S. I enjoyed my time there when it was Thunderhill Raceway working for Maryann and H.E. made alot of great friends back then. Racing is a hard business and hope that y'all find someone willing to step up and take over the lease.

Were lucky here in Florida, we have had a resurgence of sort here with 2 tracks reopening and Me starting a new Asphalt Sprint Car Series. WE have 7 asphalt tracks currently running or reopening in 2017.

Keep the faith guys things will change for the better and you will be back racing before you know it.

WOW! I was shocked to hear the news. Although I've only gone to a couple of races this past year, CTS seemed to be doing very well with a great, efficient racing program. I hope a new lease holder can be secured soon. It breaks my heart to see yet another asphalt track bite the dust here in Texas.

Any investors looking for a track cant go wrong here ..never short on cars that's a given .will not have to rebuild anything . fan count is great the racing is tops .very clean track . racers are going to find a place to race even if it is moving over to dirt and once that move is made it will be hard to get em back .so don't think too long if your interested in a track ..suppose I need to check my lotto ticket ..

the problem isn't finding someone that has the money. the problem is finding someone that is willing to invest a lot of time to keep this thing alive. you cant just punch in at 8 and leave at 5. this is a 24/7 kind of deal. its hard to find someone that as into this kind of stuff as we are. its like football. why go to a game when you can watch it at home and spend a 1/16 of the money. I want this place to keep going as much as anyone else and I know there are a lot of good people trying to make that happen.

oh well, get ready Texas for the flood of race cars, race car parts, & racing tools & equp. that may be going to be for sale REAL soon.....and that is a bad thing for sure.....good for some & bad for others !!!!

like Rodney said, every body should try to hold our water right now....

Archived