pure stock.

dy97

Daniel, Pure Stocks will be same rules as SOS had for 2016, except that we will have the 53% max on the rear in writing. Passengers are ok in Pure Stocks as well. Also, as a side note, we are ok with the aftermarket sheetmetal hoods that the gentleman near Corpus is building.

We hope to have written rules posted here on LSSZ by late Wednesday evening. If not, within a day or two after.

Daniel, Pure Stocks will be same rules as SOS had for 2016, except that we will have the 53% max on the rear in writing. Passengers are ok in Pure Stocks as well. Also, as a side note, we are ok with the aftermarket sheetmetal hoods that the gentleman near Corpus is building.

We hope to have written rules posted here on LSSZ by late Wednesday evening. If not, within a day or two after.

SOS didn't have a rear weight rule for pure stock written or otherwise

It says they will have the same rules as SOS (EXCEPT) they will have the 53% rear weight rule while they will put in writing.

excuse me I stand corrected

I think STS has different rear % for Pure Stock . Be nice if they were the same . Thanks Chuck B

If the rules stay the same at STS it's 50% but I think that only applies to certain cars.

Cars with gutted roof, roof supports, pillars, gutted kick panels or missing rocker panels must have a minimum weight of 3400lbs with driver and may have no more than 50% rear weight

^^ came from their rules

We have all the rules posted on another thread that can be downloaded and printed. For pure stocks, we have a straight across 53% rear rule with no caveats for this or that. Minimum total weight will be 3400 pounds The rear percentage rule is the one thing that doesn't exactly match the rules Shadyoaks had and it is a slightly higher rear allowance than South Texas speedway, but cars that want to run both tracks should be able to pretty easily make whatever needed tweaks to run both.

If corpus is 50% rear then you will be fine at TRP, don't know why this is confusing, if your car works at 50% just leave it alone

No confusion here at all . Just makes it harder for TRP cars to go to STS . The closer the rules are to being the same the better it is for everyone.

If corpus is 50% rear then you will be fine at TRP, don't know why this is confusing, if your car works at 50% just leave it alone

No confusion here at all . Just makes it harder for TRP cars to go to STS . The closer the rules are to being the same the better it is for everyone.
Ive been asking for this to be accomplished for past 3yrs...last year was said to be the same exact rules but once published there were obvious differences but were the closest its been. All we can do is hope for the best and be glad another track is open!!!Hope to race both tracks.

Chase is correct. We recognize that SOS did not or does not have a rear percentage rule in pure stocks presently. Our rules will mirror the SOS pure stock rules, except that we will add the 53% rear in writing for pure stocks.

My point is , if adding a rule it would be nice if it were the same. Why create another difference ?? It sure would be in the right direction ..

maybe trp just needs to run the rules as they see fit .if it is a problem for the cars from two other tracks and none show up and or cant compete then the problem is trp's ......I am with bobby jack oleblue ..it will make a different's 50 percent to 53 ..

Archived