2017 racing

Agree with the water sucks when you need goggles to races it less wrecks when it isn't dry slick as well

Either a different flag man or more spotters not sure where the issue was aside from some getting sent to the back some getting a dq without warning and some not getting any penalty at all

Factory stock rules for pure stock can't beat them join them right

People actually miss the mud pit shady oaks days with even lower car count? I thought the track conditions really improved the last couple years.

Enough water can be put down for the track to not be all dusty and still not a mud hole. Seen it happen plenty of times

I understand the factory stock push. Is there a lot of difference ($$$) between the current Pure Stock and factory stock? Would it be an easy shift from Pure Stock to Factory Stock ?The reason I ask is you are risking your largest , best and most competitive class (Pure Stock ).

Going by this set of rules for example S.O.S. and S.T.S. cars have a larger lift rule (not by much) a lot of the cars already have interior gutting, center dump exhaust manifold would have to be taken off your cars. just three things I noticed right off, I am not opposed to some change, BUT we have been working on these rules for quite awhile to try and match all 3 tracks in the area. the goal would be to keep it so that a driver can run at which ever track he or she wanted on any given weekend.

My opinion would be one class or the other, not a combination of the two! We have all seen how the street stock has changed over the last few years, and now the numbers are starting to rebound. I would hate to see the Pure Stock go through the same growing pains. When you have a multitude of rule packages for one class. it makes a lot of work for a Tech-man to keep up with.

The reason I am pushing for factory stock is that's basically who the track is pulling when they open up the rules for big races why not go to those rules since they want them here so bad then all the bitching is done from all the locals cause there will be no more opening up if the rules

cootèr is right for several years they were changing rules in the streets stocks and just about wiped them out the last couple of years they have not touched the rules and this year the car count is back up and growing they need to leave the classes alone and let them grow

cootèr is right for several years they were changing rules in the streets stocks and just about wiped them out the last couple of years they have not touched the rules and this year the car count is back up and growing they need to leave the classes alone and let them grow

yup. IN 2009 it was pure stock. Winter of 09 i built a new car to run pure then they changed the whole class over to street stock because every one wanted to do this and that. Then it was 10 inch tires and bigger cams and different heads and blah blah blah.. the class went from 20 cars weekly to what? 6? Street and pure seem to be doing well the way they are.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived