2016 South Texas Nationals status

Don't know what happened to some of my post but as a racer and a spectator as well as the 12 adults in our party , that was our honest opinion , it wasn't aimed at any person or definitely not track or promoter , I had nothing but praise for them , this was over a dozen spectators opinion of mini stocks ,

It's pretty sad that it can't be left and I don't understand it , but only on speedzone.

What happened to payout? What happened to car count is what your question should be? We paid 6 limited late models $1,925.00. We sent the mod lites home saturday with the same car count. Pretty dismal turnout when many of the llm drivers asked why not us why not us at the last race. I thank those that did come obviously you guys supported your class but i would be on the phone with those that said they would be there and didnt. We paid very very well under the circumstances with this class

Life happens and can happen at a moments notice...So if anyone has an issue with that let me know and we will talk...Kudos to the guys that were able to make it for the LLM...And because life happens we will see yall next season....Thanks Stephan for the opportunity and all the hard work it took to get it together

100% agree jj&s. I think a lesson was learned here. If an end of the year event gets rained out then it is over.Rescheduling these events beyond the next weekend doesn't seem to work out especially for the promoter. Racers really plan to be at the rescheduled event but a lot of factors come when you reschedule 9 months later. #1 Boone started #2 local track championships are in play #3 lots of damaged cars at this time of year and #4 family time.I gotta say an enormous amount of effort was made to get this done.Most would have cancelled at 3PM Sunday.

Did y'all seem to forget it happened under caution?

I HAVE NEVER SEEN THAT CALL, BUT THE LEADER WAS RIDING AROUND UNDER CAUTION AND A CAR DROVE BY AND CRASHED INTO HIST TIRE AND ROBBED HIM OF WIN, I THINK IT WAS THE RIGHT CALL TO ALLOW HIM TO MAKE REPAIR AND RETURN TO HIS SPOT IN THE LEAD, MAYBE SOME OTHER PEOPLE COULD LEARN FROM THIS EXAMPLE. JMO DONT WANT TO FIGHT ABOUT IT.

Would like to have been there (and actually had planned to be) but John's car had damage that couldn't be fixed in time, and Ron's car has an overheating problem that has plagued us for 3 races now and almost ruined the motor last week. I wouldn't let him go out and possibly destroy a perfectly good motor. Hopefully we'll have it all together by this Sat.

Archived