2016 South Texas Nationals status

Early tuesday morning the track recieved about 4 hours of rain. This afternoon we evaluated how bad and what the next step is. Our concerns are the pits and parking. We are expecting close to 200 cars so 100% of the pits is important along with some of the parking lot for just race teams. We have advertised in many areas including facebook which has reached over 80,000 viewers at this point. We are still advertising as of right now. So because of that the parking lot is equally as important. Currently we have standing water on 40% of the pits and alot of the parking lot. Pumps are being put in place this evening to start that process. If we recieve any more rain we are done. We do not know if the water can be pumped off and it dry in time as of right know. So with that being said Friday night practice is cancelled. Our efforts now are to get ready for saturday. We will know more each passing day on how the effort is progressing and will pass it along. I understand everyone wants to race and everyone wants to be informed. We will do our best to keep everyone updated espicially all the out of state teams coming as far as 1000 miles.

Rickracer. those were the days .you needed lots of friends all over the state to call up with the old spin the dial phones or call the operator to connect you . remember the TU .. me we lived two miles from the local track and a bike ride did not take long ....... young folks today have no ideal and how they have it made . they would be totally lost if the systems go down ..hell I cant even get change back on a dollar with out someone looking up what they owe me .lets see it was 96 cents from a dollar .

Ok, very long day today. First, I want to thank Ken, Gary Perry and track workers that have helped give us a fighting chance after a long day of pumping water today. Also thank you to James Parks and Sheryl Jackson for their help. We dodged several race killing storms so far. No rain hit the track today. A great majority of water has been pumped from track, infield and pits. We have made great progress removing a great deal of water. Thursday will be a drying out day as it looks to be sunny and windy. Friday we will see how far we have come and at that point see what needs to happen to be ready for the weekend. So far we are shooting for saturday and sunday racing. We will report more tomorrow.

Today again 100% no rain. Everything is drying and will need to continue to dry. The track us very soft. Tomorrow we will attempt to start turning the dirt. I going to again thank Gary Perry for his hard work. This progress will take us into saturday. We are moving forward and look forward to everyone coming.

Street was a good race watching the 41 smoothly reel in the 4T,Pure Stocks put in their usual great show in spite of all the attrition(congrats to the 42M) and the Sportsmods with their drama.Man of the hour had to be Gary Perry and whoever helped him do a ton of work in a very short amount of time(given the job at hand) to get the track and pits ready. Turned out to be an entertaining night.

From my not so great memory Sportmods 63-9m-161-BD3 BD3 and 161 might be reversed-PureStocks -42M-20 127 AND 7 I think. Minis 21 by 1/2 a lap-0 -2 and 412 Ithink. LLM'S 77 by 3/4 lap 14 and 93. Best I can remember. Oh yes Mod-Lites either went missing overnight or did their feature Sat.

Archived