i cant sleep

I am not trying to be critical or mean and down right putting a track down here . for years we have raced cts in grand stocks tps and front runners ..we have fielded many a car and traveled many a mile to race cts to back cts with out much of a gripe .we have supported this track with high honor for many years instead of staying home and spent tons of money to travel to cts ..I have never left this track with a bad taste till tonight ..and cant sleep cuz of it ..so here is my take and do not want this to get into a fight or take the track down ..to whom ever decided to keep the tps cars sliding and spinning all over the track was not in favor of safety .all about getting the race in with rain on its way .sorry weather should never be the leading factor in lack of safety ... I know two trucks pulled out of the pits to check the track .not one person set foot on the track to get a close look at the oil in all four turns ..yes there was oil from one of the front running cars who pulled out after losing a oil filter gasket ..there has never been a race like that with this class spinning so many cars even the leader spun twice once never touching the throttle which was the last yellow spin the 30 car ..he hit oil and spun. . our car spun twice in oil and by rule bring out the yellow twice on solo your out of the race wasn't fair to the driver .that race was ugly . in other words for those who are first timers this weekend our class looked like a bunch of rookies .. the race has a lap max of 25 ..and a time limit .having to clean the track for safety and burning up race time would have been safer and many would have just said them are the breaks .I would not want or ever want any class to have a race like that just to be clear .... I don't know if the night finished out ..hope it did ..and yes we will be back and will support the track with our other cars later this season ..just hope they understand what happened tonight wasn't good and without malice on my posting . we love cts and want to keep racing there ..

Don't have a problem with time limits . all tracks should have it and stick to it ..safe condition has to be tops there cant be any argument and no good excuse for not making sure it was safe no matter the outcome of said race for any and all classes pertaining to time or weather .I think I made my point ..

Hitech it really seemed like it was just a rush to the half way point. I understand time limits. But the way the tps race was ended in my opinion was crap. When have you ever seen a race called under caution? What ever happened to a green/white checkered finish? Isn't that how all racing has been besides a rain out ?

Jay

As a fan, it was "interesting" to say the least. Had I not been listening to my scanner I don't know what I would have thought. For sure a number of drivers either did not have scanners, or were ignoring the really pissed off race director. It was one hell of a mess for sure but "entertaining". Guess my question is, why let 'em race without functioning scanners and transponders? I will keep coming back! Great racing for the most part.

Every one had scanners ....every race they are checked by voice command towards each car number and must give a thumbs up before they pull out to race other wise they start in the rear ...now was that done this weekend I don't know . the 30 was having problem with understanding what was being said and I think another driver the same .could be their scanners were having issues low battery or such .some scanners don't always pick up every thing that has happened to me .I don't think they ignored what was being said if so that needs to be fixed ....as for the time issues we were told in the pits that what it was about ....I never have a problem with time ..and seeing it was a scanner issue I stand to be corrected ..as for safety I still stand by my post..... .51 you said the race was interesting .yep seeing who could miss the oil ..I thought it was the worst race ever .........I was standing next to a well known well respected speedzoner .who I agreed with .there has to something on the track when so many cars spinning .when fwd car are sliding and spinning something is very very wrong... jay I did not know how the race ended till later . our car was called off the track for spinning in the oil .twice .the first spin of 3 spins was on the driver .the next two was on the track condition ..every single car was having issues in the turns some spun some did not some were lucky the drivers could not see the oil visually but with slicks anything wet don't go good with those tires ..anyway I don't think it would have mattered what class was racing at the time .just happened to be us and getting to the half way point was what the track needed to do .rain was coming ..which cost us ..

Archived