2016 Labor Day Weekend South Texas Nationals

geetar 50 50 chance of ever breaking even and if you do your one of the lucky few ..we live right here and cant break even lol..and coming up to your track cost us hundreds every time .but we come ...like buying a lotto ticket most times you lose but never break even when you win a gamble you take if you cant afford to lose playing it isn't your game ..one of our cars last week had a new crank and bearings and did not make a feature lap ..cam broke rare deal and destroyed every thing hundreds down the drain ...at the green flag and one turn .. . ...that my friend is the great sport of racing ..I don't pay much attention to the purse persay . you want to race come on and race ..love to see you down here ....ill buy you and ted a dr pepper then yah can go fishing while your here ...that's a great deal .just come on down have some fun .that is priceless .plus you get to see us and meet knew friends what else can a fella want .

..one of our cars last week had a new crank and bearings and did not make a feature lap ..cam broke rare deal and destroyed every thing hundreds down the drain ...at the green flag and one turn .. .

Sorry to hear about motor but I know your pain...i had a motor rebuilt in March and still have not completed more than 10 total laps...talk about disappointed...and break even...lol...almost to the point of disinterest...come out and race it's your hobby!!!

It would be helpful to repost the purse in my opinion. The mini stocks will be bringing cars from as far away as 400 miles. Many of them also would like to win enough to cover expenses so it can sell the show.

Our problem with mini stocks is there are not a lot of them left In Texas. Of the tracks that ran them many are closed up and those left decided to instead go with mini bombers or a Jr mini class for kids only. Since STS is looking at running mini stocks again its a great time to show what they can do. I hope everyone with any interest shows up for this event, it seems the only one for this year.

Now with Stevensville opening up again they were approached about adding mini stocks again. They said bring enough cars and they will be added. It turns out there are few left since so many quit racing when their class had nowhere left to run. Heart of Texas has decided not to include the mini stocks this year, they are under new management. Their mini stock class is for children only. So STS looks to be the best avenue to revive what has proven to be a great addition to any track when promoted properly. I remember at a couple of tracks mini stocks carried the show at times.

So it looks to me like if mini stocks are going to emerge again this race is important. Its the one class where a decent car can score enough to cover much of the trip expenses. For 20 years I have won enough to cover the cost of my racing. That's good because I have no sponsors or financial help and am too poor to fund a car with my income. So for me its this or nothing. But the secret is to have a car that's ready and dependable. I'm ready when I unload. I drive carefully and keep my equipment in good condition. Since I drive 6 hours towing it make no sense to do otherwise.

As for the compacts , I know there are some fast cars out there and sense the tires are open many could install a set of good tires and be competitive, just like our Dodge Compact has shown. Why would have thought a family sedan like a Stratus can be as fast as the fastest mini stock ? This car is powered just as the factory built it. So it CAN be done with a modern car just like I have been saying.

Hope to see you at the big race. The fun factor is priceless!

This is one problem with purses .if 35 show up an extra 1000 to the winner ..what is the bonus to the field towards the back for showing up so the winner can get that bonus . I think bonus money like that should always be put towards the back .most of those filler cars who don't have as much a chance to make to the front unless the fast cars are out should see some green .they need love too ..now so that some wont race for the back runners bonus for position it the bonus should be figure lets say the last 15 positions after 5 laps completed min, a draw for the amount per position decided before nights race .with out the drivers knowing the amount ..either way the back runners will be a bit happier .. it cost a lot for those to race as well .......I know some think I am crazy and are correct to a point but I have always thought that the guys in the back should get a bonus sometimes .....I am not knocking the promoter here .great he has added that incentive but it is only for the winner .

Waerracing 00 ..part of racing is bad luck we all have those years .the car will be ready for the race ...as for geetar .I think your car will do just fine ...

From a fan standpoint I agree with Hi-Tech.First place (with 35) is already getting twice second place.Why make it three to four times second?What that would do will bring out more Mod-drivers racing Pure Stocks. I say spread it out to second on down. They travel and put up the expense and hotels etc.Heck if you have say 45+ in a class put the $1000 for a Non-Qualifiers race that way everyone gets something.

Thank you for the repost. This clears it for many.

For our class its unlikely we see the 24 cars needed but with $75 as start money that's equal to second place pay on a regular night. That's good enough for me. I don't race to be in the back anyway.

Im thinking the only classes that will exceede the 24 car count might be the pure stocks and maybe the limited modifieds. So the question I think they are asking is will the purse stop at 24 and will the extra cars also be in the feature. At the modified nationals at RGS only the top 24 qualifiers raced the main feature. Out of 150 cars there were more non qualifiers than qualifiers. It did not stop all the modifieds that showed up to be a part of the show. Just being there was enough. The same holds true for me, I like big shows but rarely win one. But I always learn new stuff and make new friends. One thing I never heard at the nationals was so much crying. Same thing at Gator and H.O.T.

So if you cant afford to race you should not. Im going with what I have since I cant afford anything anyway. I just plan to travel niggardly. The $75 will pay most of my weekend, the rest I have saved for. Good luck to everyone that will be there. Lets make history.

Sorry arob this is racing not soccer. Participation trophies shouldnt ever exist in racing. $1000 doesnt go far at all when you start cutting it up. With 6 classes over 150 cars there is no time for nonqualifying races.

Archived