Bellm back on tour with pair of top fives

rebelracewriter

Bellm Back on Tour with Pair of Top Fives

by Lonnie Wheatley

NIXA, Mo. (July 28, 2016) – Kyle Bellm and the Resource Asset Management Solutions (RAMS) No. 14k Sprint Car team joined back up with the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour at last weekend’s “Rushmore Rumble” at Rapid City, South Dakota’s Black Hills Speedway.

And the team’s presence was definitely noticed with Bellm charging from tenth to finish third in Friday night’s preliminary event before wrapping up the double with a fourth-place finish on Saturday night aboard the PPG Automotive Finishes/Colorvision entry.

“It was a good weekend, it was what we were looking for,” Bellm said after extending his streak of finishes no worse than sixth to seven in a row.

Bellm looks to add more strong runs with this weekend’s pair of Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour events in South Dakota on Thursday (Park Jefferson International Speedway) and Sunday (Badlands Motor Speedway) along with a Friday night stop at Minnesota’s Jackson Motorplex.

Last weekend began with Bellm rebounding from a heat race spin to rally back up to third to earn the tenth starting position in the main event.

And Bellm was on the move early on in the Schure Built Suspensions/Christian County Collision Repair machine.

“I think I was the first one to find the rubber in three and four and we were really able to capitalize on that,” Bellm explained.

He did just that, racing all the way up to third in the Bybee Lawn Care/Dynotech Racing Engines machine before the rest of field figured out his fast line to the front.

Bellm finished the night out in third to lock into Saturday’s “Rushmore Rumble” finale and then landed on the pole position after the redraw.

The rubber came in from top-to-bottom this time rather than beginning on the bottom. This time, a couple of other cars found the rubber first, leaving Bellm to finish out the weekend in a strong fourth place position aboard the Schaeffer Oil/Prater Designs/Racinboys entry.

“It laid rubber starting at the top of three and four instead of the bottom this time,” Bellm explains. “I just didn’t find it quick enough, didn’t get to the part of the track I needed to be at.”

Bellm finished out the weekend by dropping in on Badlands Motor Speedway for some Sunday night action near Sioux Falls.

“We didn’t draw very well,” Bellm said of the evening. “We gained a couple of positions in the heat which put us about 15th for the feature. It rubbered up early so we just kind of rode around.”

The outing still proved beneficial according to Bellm.

“We learned some things and I think we’ll be in good shape going into Sunday night’s race at Badlands,” Bellm said of the $10,000-to-win event that puts the wraps on this weekend.

But first, it all begins tonight with Bellm’s first ever outing at Park Jefferson International Speedway.

2016 Quick Stats: 28 races, 1 win, 1 top-fives, 13 top-tens.

Up Next:

Thursday – Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour at Park Jefferson International Speedway (Jefferson, SD)

Friday – Jackson (MN) Motorplex

Sunday – Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour at Badlands Motor Speedway (Brandon, SD)

Keep Track: Keep track of Kyle Bellm’s on-track action including schedule and results at http://www.kylebellm.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/KyleBellmRacing?fref=ts or on Twitter at @kylebellmracing.

If you would like Kyle Bellm Racing press releases e-mailed directly to you, send your e-mail address to Lonnie Wheatley at lonniewheatley@gmail.com.

Archived