Final Oxford 250 Prep at Oxford Plains Doubleheader this weekend

Final Oxford 250 Prep Awaits PASS Stars At Oxford Plains Doubleheader This Weekend

NAPLES, ME (July 28) – With the 43rd Annual HP Hood Oxford 250 just a month away, Pro All Stars Series (PASS) Super Late Model teams will have one more opportunity to prepare at Oxford Plains Speedway with this Sunday afternoon’s HP Hood 150. Over 50 teams have pre-entered for the HP Hood Oxford 250 to date and, with over 70 teams expected for the biggest and most prestigious Super Late Model race in the North America, track time at Oxford Plains will be at a premium. In addition, a full slate of local action will be on tap Saturday night at Oxford Plains Speedway, featuring the Budweiser Super Late Models, with an additional practice scheduled for the headline division to give teams as much track time as possible.

Two-time HP Hood Oxford 250 winner, Travis Benjamin, is looking to take advantage of every opportunity available to get on track at Oxford Plains. After getting caught up in an early crash last year, Benjamin hopes this weekend that he and the Petit Motorsports team can get the data that they need to help him get back to victory lane when they return in late August.

“This weekend’s race at Oxford is very important, I think,” says Benjamin, who scored back-to-back HP Hood Oxford 250 wins in 2013 and 2014. “In 2013, we won the Oxford race before the 250 and it just gives you a lot of confidence for when we head back next month.”

In addition to giving teams valuable track time at Oxford Plains Speedway, this weekend’s HP Hood 150 will also give them a chance to compete in a longer event with similar conditions to those that are expected for when they return. In his first year with the Petit team and after scoring their first win together recently at Beech Ridge Motor Speedway, Benjamin feels they are hitting their stride as they prepare for the biggest race of the year.

“I think our team, led by Mark Lyden, is really working well together,” says Benjamin. “Our communication is getting better each and every week. I think our setups for tracks with no bite or grip are really great and I’m really excited for the next three weeks.”

Action begins this Saturday afternoon at Oxford Plains Speedway with a full slate of weekly racing set to go green at 7 PM, including the Budweiser Super Late Models. Former 3-time HP Hood Oxford 250 winner, Mike Rowe, will also be competing in the Figure 8 division. On Sunday, pit gates will open at 1 PM, followed by rotating practice from 3 PM to 5:20 PM, with heat races beginning at 6 PM, followed by main events for the PASS North Super Late Models, PASS Modifieds, and Legends.

Entry forms for upcoming PASS action at Oxford Plains, Lee, and South Boston can be found at ProAllStarsSeries.com

The Pro All Stars Series is recognized as North America’s premier sanctioning body for asphalt Super Late Models and boasts such marquee events as the Easter Bunny 150 at Hickory Motor Speedway and the legendary HP Hood Oxford 250 at Oxford Plains Speedway. For media or marketing questions, please contact Alan Dietz at 704-231-2039 or alandietzpass@live.com. Please visit ProAllStarsSeries.com for more information and don’t forget to “Like” the Pro All Stars Series on Facebook or follow us on Twitter at @PASSSLM14 to keep up with breaking news as it happens.

Archived