Rules clarifications regarding cam sprockets and cylinder heads

NickHolt

These are not rules changes, but rather rules clarifications:

1) Effective immediately, the only cam sprocket allowed in the Lone Star Legacy series is the stamped steel (not machined) "1,2,3,4" sprocket. If you have been using the "A,B,C" sprocket, please make the change to the "1,2,3,4" sprocket. We will be checking this at the next Lone Star Legacy event.

2) Effective immediately, the only heads allowed in the Lone Star Legacy series are the F8-series heads that were stock for the 1987-1992 Mazda B2200 engine or the so-called "Chinese" replacement head available from King Cylinder Heads. We will be checking this at the next Lone Star Legacy event.

Special thanks to Bob Riley who provided a great deal of information about Mazda cam sprockets and various Mazda heads with James and I a few weeks ago.

James Huff and Nick Holt

Shoot, that's nuttin, toyota. Allen Sampson gets 210 HP out of his Lone Star Legacy ride. Hard to believe, right?

that is pretty good, he must have spent some cash on that one. I had less than $6,000 in that one and that was years ago. The 190 HP was on the engine dyno. The little wood hauler was fun to drive. Kept tearing up the rest of the drive train though, finally got me an S 10 and put a V8 in that little dude. Had it for years and like that one.

You'll have to ask either Bob Riley or James Huff about the "ABC" sprocket. Ask me something easy, like dynamic rear roll steer, or KPI's relationship to scrub raius.

Nick

Shoot, that's nuttin, toyota. Allen Sampson gets 210 HP out of his Lone Star Legacy ride. Hard to believe, right?

that is pretty good, he must have spent some cash on that one. I had less than $6,000 in that one and that was years ago. The 190 HP was on the engine dyno. The little wood hauler was fun to drive. Kept tearing up the rest of the drive train though, finally got me an S 10 and put a V8 in that little dude. Had it for years and like that one.

Opps.... that was a typo. Not 210 HP, 110 HP... LOL

Archived