• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks Nick , I went by the Speedway while on vacationing in Texas. Sad to see it that way , it holds so many memories, so glad I was able to catch this part of its history , Wish I had even more from the beginning , 50's , 60's , 70's and even 80's when I tried to race there.

Neon will that looked like bill branch wifes old car .... the 22 james lee raced I built for bill branch in 1990 he decided to get out of racing as I finished the car and don Johnson raced it for a season and james then bought it ..the 36 gary was racing was the last car I built for me I only raced that car once in a tps race and flagman bought it from me then later sold it to gary or sam either way gary raced that car for years till he sold it up north and years later mike or mark bought it and then later sold it to jesse who wrecked it in sas and then was rebuilt for lisa she raced that car for years till it was totaled ...sure miss that rotary .

Queen bee of Texas that engine sure did zing. Dad is doing pretty good lives next door. We talk a lot about the old days. He was looking at mazdas the other day. Saying he would like to have an rx-7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was watching too see if that show was the night a dipstick wanted the bank to know what he thought of their repo of his truck outcome would be .story I heard .he really showed them by taking that truck through the course  rolling it over and later tried to go back  out and jump the cars .I think he had to much to drink and the track would not let him ...I think it was like a four runner its been to long to be sure on the make .

Archived