Over heating

Raceteam25

I am running a sport mod. When I run a 8 lap heat race the engine wil get up to 220. And when I run the feature it will stay at 230 until a caution or the race is over and it will get up to 245. I am running a six blade fan and have a 1" restrictor in it with a triple pass radiator. What do you think the problem might be?

Definitely looks close enough

Based on when you're experiencing the problem sounds (obviously enough) like you're not getting enough air "pulled" through the radiator

The 4 blade is a good first step. And the shroud would probably seal the deal.

My opinion anyway

Also, how many laps/races do you have on the radiator between cleaning it?

Have you taken the radiator out, dropped it, fins facing the ground, from a couple of inches off the ground. Knocks the dirt out from between the cooling fins.

Or soak it in a "tub" or something big enough to house the radiator. Softens and loosens the dirt between the fins. Then take a hose and clean it out.

Sorry if you already knew of these steps.

And I don't know if this would contribute to the specific issue you're experiencing, but it wouldn't hurt to perform either of the above.

a question are you pushing water out ... how is your upper hose located curved upwords or is it level as can be .. rainbow over will hold an air pocket every time . and I found this a couple of weeks ago .one car was showing hot .so checked the temps around the radiator hoses and other areas .and found the temp guage is ten off to the hot ..

Archived