Accident 6/18/16 at Central Texas Speedway

Mfortier51

Can SOMEBODY please provide updates on the very frightening wreck where 2 Mods flew into the pit area fence? I was there, saw it happen. Nothing but rumors. I saw a LOT of people running for their life. I've been to lots of race tracks in my 65 years, but never one with so little information for the fans during the evening. It's very bizarre. A track announcer in the grandstands who doesn't know anymore about what's going on out there than the fans do? Perhaps he should broadcast from the tower where he might get insightful information by listening to the race director. Btw, I'm not just talking about info on wrecks. Fantastic racing but not very much useful info from the track announcer.

Well I'm sorry I failed in this instance as usually people tell me I give TOO MUCH information. Here's the deal with Saturday.. I know it was mentioned the drivers were ok right away; when I got back to the stands I mentioned someone was being transported to observation. I usually leave it there as I really think that is all I need to relay. Even if I had access to that channel with emergency personal I would still leave it that way we at the track are in no position to determine injuries or speculate anything of that nature. Think back to the incident last season with the safety crew incident I reported the same thing.

51 sorry I didn't get you the information you needed but I take every post as feedback and work to improve what I do.

The CTS fans love in the stands approach so if I change that I may be in trouble. Hope you are back out on the 9th of July be sure and flag me down I'd love to shake your hand.

God Bless the Teer family as they deal with this situation these good folks are great friends of mine and of CTS.

Rodney

I left the 1st post up on purpose because anyone who has been around Texas stock car racing for long knows Rodney is the consummate professional and I knew folks would get some sort of a SMH moment when they read it.

Anything but uninformed, Rodney is directly involved with the teams that compete at CTS and is a racer himself. He actually knows his fellow racers and probably knew their parents, aunts and uncles as well. Oh, and their dogs and cats too. So to read someone calling him out was somewhat of a shock. There are two or three announcers that I've worked with over the years that I consider the best in the business and Rodney is in that select group.

Nick

If it was announced that the drivers were ok, and someone was being transported, that's ALL the fans need to know. There is no point in creating controversy based on someone else's opinion. Knowing Rodney for well over twenty years, I feel confident in saying he knew way more than he chose to say on the mic.

As said above, IF you find it necessary to know every little detail, get a scanner. You will hear more than you ever wanted to.

Keep doing what you're doing Hot Rod.

If it was announced that the drivers were ok, and someone was being transported, that's ALL the fans need to know. There is no point in creating controversy based on someone else's opinion. Knowing Rodney for well over twenty years, I feel confident in saying he knew way more than he chose to say on the mic.

As said above, IF you find it necessary to know every little detail, get a scanner. You will hear more than you ever wanted to.

Keep doing what you're doing Hot Rod.

Not to mention you start treading on liability and privacy issues if you say too much. There is no room for speculation when it comes to an injury at the track.

I've never met Rodney, or attended CTS after he took over because I left the area, but he seems like a stand-up guy from what little interaction I've had with him on this board and reading his posts.

Why not just ask for an update out of concern and leave it at that?

Anyway, best wishes to Mr Teer and all concerned.

Not to mention first reports are not always accurate.I'm a long time fan an when something major happens all I need to know is everyone is ok. The other info you can get from the pits after the races. A speedy recovery to Mr. Teer.

Thank you all for your replies. I meant no disrespect. Guess Ken Squire and Dave Moody spoiled me up in Vermont for so many years. I totally love the racing here. Haven't missed a race since I moved here last winter. I have scanners. All I need are frequencies. Can anybody help me with that? Again, my apologies. And Rodney.... I will look you up and introduce myself. Thanks, Mike.

Remember the words "Entertaining", "Informative", "Tact", "Respectfulness" & "Professional". Like Rodney said, "it's a fine line". those words are very key in this case! Rodney is doing just what he was put on this planet for! outside of "Uncle Bob" that was at HMP for years, Rodney is an "Elite South Texas Style Track Announcer". "Hands Down".... Because, being that he had worked with "Uncle Bob" at HMP a few times in recent years. Rodney, you are very welcome at HMP when we are able to get going again in my books before we all hang up our racing shoes for good.....!!!

Never say never Mr. Double R. Stranger things have happened. Would be a great way to end a season.

Wouldn't it be? For sure it would. Let me know, sir, if you know something I don't.

Nick

Archived